• Ask
  • myTake

Eating Raw Eggs, Advantages vs. Disadvantages

I'm 5'7'' and 130 lbs. I'm trying to get the body shape like the guys on the movie "Never Back Down" and like Taylor Lautner in "New Moon". I do work out and I've been hearing about Raw Eggs helping with protein and muscle gain, but I have also heard that you can get salmonella. So I was just wondering if I should or shouldn't take raw eggs. Do the advantages outweigh the risks?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Its awesome to hear that you like to keep in shape and that you are looking to continue working out. To answer you question yes, eating raw eggs is very good for you and even better if you are looking to gain more muscle with workout routine. Raw eggs help to build the most anabolic environment possible inside the body, eggs contain the most complete protein available to us. The health benefits outweigh the salmonella risk by a longshot, there are many health benefits of eating raw eggs, while the risk of salmonella poisoning is somewhere around .003% or something like that of all eggs. But to eat raw eggs you do need to have somewhat of a strong stomach, because it is a rather odd thing to do in itself. Saying that, if you can manage to eat them, the results will great.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!

What Guys Said 5

• you can drink a protein shake 45 minutes before the work out and one after. Also one before you go to bed. Have a regular and controlled workout routine. Eat healthy foods that are rich in protein and other essential vitamins and minerals. Make sure you get enough rest and you will get there. There is no need for raw eggs.

• In theory there may be no need for raw eggs, but in theory there is also no need for protein shakes.

• True, I'm just throwing it in there because it seems like this guy wants to get ripped and he wants to do it fast. I did this for about a year. Now I just work out and maintain my build and shape.

• Yea I'm trying to get ripped but not TOO ripped, I do take protein shekes but the instructions say "after workout and after a meal" so I haven't done it more than that. I might do both the eggs and protein shakes

• its the same thing so just cook itand wats better take out the yoke filled with horrible fats

• I would have to disagree with that statement only because, raw eggs are healthier than cooked eggs because nutrients and enzymes are destroyed in the cooking process. yes it is a fatty food, but these things can be good for your body.

• Enzymes are destoyed in the stomach anyway so its no differet cooking just changes that protein structure a tad bityes some fat is good for you and is nessasery, but there are plenty of bad saturated fats and horribe cholesteraland like I said...its the same thing so just cook itmy brother is a amature bodybuilder and has a degree in human molecular biology, he eats 7 eggs a day and takes the yolk out of all but one to keep vitamins A B D K and B6

• Best Answer by soccerbmxwow - cook your eggs. There is no difference; the protein chains will only break at points where severe heat is applied. It doesn't take a lot of heat to cook an egg. I haven't heard of anyone swallowing a raw egg since the '80s!

• I use to drink raw eggs in the morning for breakfast mixed with OJ . I never had a problemI think that it would be safer to drink a whey protein shake.Sometimes I think the media hypes & trys to scare us with the latest flavor of the month.

• Raw eggs will give you a shiny coat, no wait that's in dogs, don't be a wuss and drink up ...