How to clear up bacne?

I need some help on how to clear up my bacne. It's pretty bad and I've been trying this medication called Panoxyl for about 4 weeks now and I don't... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Wash your whole body with Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash, concentrating on the areas with pimples. Wait a minute or so before rinsing to get rid of all the oil, and to let the medicine sink in and do its work. Exfoliate by using an abrasive sponge (Buf-Puf is one brand name) or a loofa (plastic pouf "washcloth" that looks like a white mesh ball). Don't scrub too hard, or you'll increase irritation. Moisturize with an oil-free, medicated lotion, such as Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer. Spot treat with acne medication cream. Since you are already using salicylic acid to wash and moisturize, use a different medicine for spot treatment, such as 2.5% benzoyl peroxide. Do not use a 5% or 10% benzoyl peroxide, because this will increase irritation without increasing the rate at which the pimples diminish. (If you're sensitive to benzoyl peroxide, sulfur may work.)

You can try Head & Shoulders with zinc, eating orange foods can also clear bacne.

Drink 8 glasses of water a day. Hydrating properly will ensure that your body will not need to release as much oil and bacteria in the form of bacne. There are generic versions of Neutrogena Body Wash for acne available (use it on your back). Just look for this active ingredient: 2% salicylic acid. The medicated moisturizer should also have salicylic acid, either in .5% or 2% strengths. Once your acne is under control, you may switch to using an alpha-hydroxy lotion. Medicating your skin with lemons (slice & rub onto skin) or tomatoes will greatly help, because the acid in them will help to kill harmful bacteria. This is especially good if you have sensitive skin and the chemical treatments will do more harm than good.

Another natural treatment is to make an exfoliating scrub which will help remove dead skin cells that can clog pores and cause breakouts. Squeeze one grapefruit into a bowl with 1 1/2 cups of white sugar and 1/2 cup of coarse sea salt. Massage into the affected areas, then pat dry.

I hope the above helped. If not, try talking to a dermotologist and tell him/her the failiure of your current medication. But, I hope it clears up!

Goodluck!