• Ask
  • myTake

How to clear up bacne?

I need some help on how to clear up my bacne. It's pretty bad and I've been trying this medication called Panoxyl for about 4 weeks now and I don't see any improvement. Just wondering if anyone knows a specific dieting technique, exercises, or other medication I could try, thanks.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Wash your whole body with Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash, concentrating on the areas with pimples. Wait a minute or so before rinsing to get rid of all the oil, and to let the medicine sink in and do its work. Exfoliate by using an abrasive sponge (Buf-Puf is one brand name) or a loofa (plastic pouf "washcloth" that looks like a white mesh ball). Don't scrub too hard, or you'll increase irritation. Moisturize with an oil-free, medicated lotion, such as Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer. Spot treat with acne medication cream. Since you are already using salicylic acid to wash and moisturize, use a different medicine for spot treatment, such as 2.5% benzoyl peroxide. Do not use a 5% or 10% benzoyl peroxide, because this will increase irritation without increasing the rate at which the pimples diminish. (If you're sensitive to benzoyl peroxide, sulfur may work.) You can try Head & Shoulders with zinc, eating orange foods can also clear bacne. Drink 8 glasses of water a day. Hydrating properly will ensure that your body will not need to release as much oil and bacteria in the form of bacne. There are generic versions of Neutrogena Body Wash for acne available (use it on your back). Just look for this active ingredient: 2% salicylic acid. The medicated moisturizer should also have salicylic acid, either in .5% or 2% strengths. Once your acne is under control, you may switch to using an alpha-hydroxy lotion. Medicating your skin with lemons (slice & rub onto skin) or tomatoes will greatly help, because the acid in them will help to kill harmful bacteria. This is especially good if you have sensitive skin and the chemical treatments will do more harm than good. Another natural treatment is to make an exfoliating scrub which will help remove dead skin cells that can clog pores and cause breakouts. Squeeze one grapefruit into a bowl with 1 1/2 cups of white sugar and 1/2 cup of coarse sea salt. Massage into the affected areas, then pat dry. I hope the above helped. If not, try talking to a dermotologist and tell him/her the failiure of your current medication. But, I hope it clears up!Goodluck!

What Girls Said 8

• Eat healthy. Stay away from sugered and greasy foods. Exercise is great for it too! I had really bad bacne when in High School and when I stopped eating unhealthy things it started to clear up within a couple weeks. Also, be careful what kind of body soap you use. If you have oily skin, stay away from moisturizing soap because its intended for people with dry skin so it'll only bring out your natural oils more. Get something for oily skin. Or vice versa if you have dry skin.

• I've always heard drinking a lot of water helps clear up your skin. I'm not really sure if that's true or not. I also know that if you over wash your skin it over dries your pours, which makes your oil glands overproduce. There are also prescription drugs you can get from your doctor that's supposed to help clear up acne.

• I definitely agree with the body clear body wash. If that isn't enough though and you are still breaking out try the prescription Differin. I use it on my face and my friend uses it on her back, and we both can attest to it working really well.

• exercising helps open up the sebaceous glands and if you find that you sweat more on your back, try to wear clothing that's breathable so avoid fitted undershirts especially during the summer. try eating foods containing antioxidants such as berries, pomegranate juice, etc. I don't know how much fruits and veggies you eat, but you might want to incorporate more of that in your diet. also, try to keep yourself hydrated with water. try to avoid pop and juice. acne can also be triggered by stress. so if you're finding that you're sleeping at odd hours at night, try to get to bed at least a few hours earlier than usual. you might notice a change. i don't know how often you wash, but if you get really sweaty during the day, shower more than once. during the summer I wash up to 3 times a day depending on if it's really humid outside. you don't have to do a thorough wash. just water to rinse the sweat off your body. whatever you do, do NOT use normal soap. it will only agitate your skin. try something like Cetaphil, this is an anti-bacterial face wash that's also safe to use for the rest of your body.now I know this mind sound a but metrosexual and funny to some guys but have you considered getting your back exfoliated or a back peel? exfoliation.it's the kind of thing that girls do to their face or other parts of the body to remove dead skin. I don't know how severe your bacne is, so you might want to see an esthetician for your first trial. you don't want to irritate your back by using too many products on it. she might recommend a back peel/mask. some of them will help to dry up any areas that are too oily. if you find that these options are better, try exfoliating your back once a week in the shower as well as the mask. you might need an extra pair of hands to do this. another tip, moisturize! I know a lot of guys don't use lotion so if you want to maintain nice soft skin, you gotta get some lotion. something that's hypo-allergenic that won't clog up your pores. so lotions like, Dove's Sensitive Skin Beauty Body Lotion, or Lubriderm's Sensitive Skin Therapy.hope I was a bit of help. cheers! :)

• Not sure if that means on your face acne or on your back but either or I would try Pro-active. It worked like a charm for my face and it cleared up my back. But whatever you think. And either or also I would definitely try to de-stress. I got back and face acne from that. Diet wise. If you know you aren't eating the right foods then change it up. eat something deferent. It might just work for you. good luck.

• Benzoyl peroxide is first line recommended for 'pimple' acne and well as those hard,painful cyst-like acne. Proactive is great because it had the facewash and the lotion which stays on longer to provide a higher level medicaitn. CAUTION: will bleach clothes. Dairy products and soy (estrogens) have been found to be associated with acne.

• I'd use the Neutrogena bodywash (as mentioned by others), but also... someone once told me to use Isoprophyl Alcohol (it's like 90%) on your chest or back (I get the occasional blemish during the warm months- I swear by it! Put it on a cotton ball after you've showered. You may need a friend/bf, etc... to help you with it, but it should definently clear it all up.Also, a bit of direct sunshine helps dry up blemishes.Also, I'm sure you already know, but make sure all your conditioner is rinsed from your back (it shouldn't feel slick at all) before you step out. I like to use a loofah daily to help keep my back exfoliated, since sweat can cause the pores to flare up.

• if you eat a lot of junk food and greasy food that will break you out. avoid touching your face with your hands because the germs rom your hands will get into your pores and clog them up. I say try proactiv, it worked wonders for me. if not talk to a doctor.

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!