Why is it that my mom doesn't seem to want me to lose weight?

This will be long, but I'll try to keep it relatively short.I'm 20, going to a community college, and living at home. My dad has the 'worse' diabetes, whichever that is, and my mom has the other one. I'm 5'8", 145 pounds. I WAS at 175, but managed to lose just by eating less food. My mom and dad are both what I'd say are medically considered obese and overweight respectively.Since I don't have a job, I still have to rely on my mom and dad to get groceries. I expect, "If you don't like it, get the f*** out of the house and get a job.", and if you say that, good for you. But anyways, if I tell her to buy things like Lean Cuisines, or Slim Fast, or things like that, she says 'No.' I ask for those things because she won't ever buy anything that can be prepared outside of the microwave. Instead, she buys a bunch of fatty and sodium ridden snacks and foods. Fantastic, right?She also likes to get fast food quite often. I know it's terrible to eat, but when there's no food in the house, I have to eat something. I'll ask for, say, "Chicken sandwich and small fries." and she'll come back with a chicken sandwich, large fries, and a large vanilla shake or something. When I tell her I didn't ask for it and don't want it, she bitches at me.Just the other day she decided to buy me pants - size 29 waist - and when I put them on they were a bit tight. My grandma was there, who is probably considered overweight/obese, and said "You need to quit losing weight, or else we're going to check you into a mental hospital."I understand 5'8'' and 145 is considered average weight, but I have a HIGH bodyfat percentage. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I have moobs, puffy nipples, and flabs. (Flabby (lack of) abs. Haha. Hilarious.)Why is it that my mom tries to sabotage me? Shouldn't she be supportive?Thanks.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I don't really think she is trying to sabotage you. She is just buying the foods that fit best into her lifestyle. If you have to, go grocery shopping with your mom and put the food you want in the cart. Or you can get a job and start buying your own food. You should offer to cook a meal for your family once a week (or more). That way, your mom won't have to worry about getting dinner together all the time, and you can make something healthy for them. The fact that they are both obese/overweight and have diabetes means that they need to be eating healthier anyways.

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 3

• You're american what did you expect? All I can say is get a job, once you start providing for yourself then they have no say in what you can or cannot do.

• Healthy food is more expensive than the fatty stuff. You might need to get a job and buy your own food (fruits, vegetables). I would exercise more, rather than just eating less. Good luck.

• If you are always stressing about it and skipping meals that is not healthy and she might be worried. also if you don't complement your diet with exercise then you may continue to look out of shape and flabby. I don't know if this applies to you but it sounds like it might.