• Ask
  • myTake

Why is it that my mom doesn't seem to want me to lose weight?

This will be long, but I'll try to keep it relatively short. I'm 20, going to a community college, and living at home. My dad has the 'worse'... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• I don't really think she is trying to sabotage you. She is just buying the foods that fit best into her lifestyle.

If you have to, go grocery shopping with your mom and put the food you want in the cart. Or you can get a job and start buying your own food. You should offer to cook a meal for your family once a week (or more). That way, your mom won't have to worry about getting dinner together all the time, and you can make something healthy for them. The fact that they are both obese/overweight and have diabetes means that they need to be eating healthier anyways.

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 3

• You're american what did you expect? All I can say is get a job, once you start providing for yourself then they have no say in what you can or cannot do.

• Healthy food is more expensive than the fatty stuff. You might need to get a job and buy your own food (fruits, vegetables). I would exercise more, rather than just eating less. Good luck.

• If you are always stressing about it and skipping meals that is not healthy and she might be worried. also if you don't complement your diet with exercise then you may continue to look out of shape and flabby. I don't know if this applies to you but it sounds like it might.

0/2500