• Ask
  • myTake

I cut myself shaving and now it won't stop bleeding?

Okay so I was shaving this morning and I nicked myself on my leg. and now it won't stop bleeding. I have a bandaid on it, but it's located where... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• No reason at all to be embarassed about a bit of blood.Try alum: link Men use it after a (wet) shave. It looks like a stone or a crystal and works as a vaso constrictant. In Europe one can find it in the shops but don't ask me if and where it's sold in the USA.

• well being a girl it might not look like I just nicked my leg, if ya know what I mean.. lol.thanks for your advice :-)

• Show Older
    • It shouldn't embarass you.

• okay, I know, but it does. only if blood shows where it's not supposed to it does. being a woman, with woman problems during that time of the month, does not bother me.

What Guys Said 2

• stiptik stick. I believe is what it is called, sounds a lot like alum. Also lay on your stomach with the cotton ball for like 15 minutes or don't wear something that the blood will show from.

• exactly...a styptic pen works great. can get them at most retail stores or drug stores...look in the shaving aisle.

• Exactly! If you can't get one of these the active ingredient is Aluminium Sulphide which is in some other stuff too, including Stingoes (we have those in Australia for bites and stings).

What Girls Said 1

• get a cotton ball (wet or dry) and just put press on it for like 5 minutes.it should go away after that.. I don't think there is need for a band-aid

• it was bleeding big time. so I needed to do something lol.thanks for the advice :-)

• definitely try cotton wool, and try it wet if its bad..