I cut myself shaving and now it won't stop bleeding?

Okay so I was shaving this morning and I nicked myself on my leg. and now it won't stop bleeding. I have a bandaid on it, but it's located where the top of my leg meets the bottom of my butt, so the bandaid feels really weird.how can I stop the bleeding, Because if I bleed there it will be embarrassing seeing as I'm a girl..

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• No reason at all to be embarassed about a bit of blood.Try alum: link Men use it after a (wet) shave. It looks like a stone or a crystal and works as a vaso constrictant. In Europe one can find it in the shops but don't ask me if and where it's sold in the USA.

• okay, I know, but it does. only if blood shows where it's not supposed to it does. being a woman, with woman problems during that time of the month, does not bother me.

• It shouldn't embarass you.

• okay lol I know that it is natural too, but it can be quite embarrassing. lol

• Show Older

What Guys Said 1

• stiptik stick. I believe is what it is called, sounds a lot like alum. Also lay on your stomach with the cotton ball for like 15 minutes or don't wear something that the blood will show from.

• Exactly! If you can't get one of these the active ingredient is Aluminium Sulphide which is in some other stuff too, including Stingoes (we have those in Australia for bites and stings).

• exactly...a styptic pen works great. can get them at most retail stores or drug stores...look in the shaving aisle.

What Girls Said 1

• get a cotton ball (wet or dry) and just put press on it for like 5 minutes.it should go away after that.. I don't think there is need for a band-aid

• definitely try cotton wool, and try it wet if its bad..

• it was bleeding big time. so I needed to do something lol.thanks for the advice :-)