Why do thin people date/marry FAT people?

I feel like fat people should only be allowed to date other fat people untill of course they slim down to their normal size. and by fat I do not only mean grossly obese. chubby/chunky is also fat imo.

Most Helpful Girl

• some people have difficulty saying no to food. some people have other weaknesses. I kno a lot of people who are overweight have a difficult time with it. often overeating is a kind of self-medicating. but eveyone has a weakness, and yet someone their loves them. Should you be judged or deemed unloveable just because you are not perfect in an area? maybe you're messy, sleep around too much, poor driver, wear glasses/contacts, have big ears, had braces, have a goofy personality, talk too much, wear too much perfume, have an annoying laugh--shall we condemn you to never being worthy of love? Who said weight was the gage for love? or self worth? or anything meaningful?

we cannot rationally "stop accepting" overweight people, because then we'd be pointing to ourselves and our weaknesses. Why don't we kill all of the people who calorie-count, or who watch too much tv, because a few folks find it unacceptable? just utter stupidity. When you become perfect one day, you can then transcend the whole lot of imperfect humanity... Of course, that will be a pretty lonely day for you.

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Guys Said 10

• I would consider myself at a good weight for my height, but I have asked out "chunky" girls though not necessarily fat. They were just nice girls.

Fat probably not because it implies the girl does not take care of herself and her health. However, it does not mean she has a bad personality. But each to his own.

• a lot of times chunky girls become fatter after you marry them. so be warned.

• Because you tend to disregard weight if you really like that person. Besides, fat people are usually motivated to lose weight when they date slim people. In my opinion weight does not play a big role in successful relationship, unless it's really extreme and there's an underlying medical problem.

• no they arent. fat people are fat because they are lazy and glutenous. so why would they suddenly have this intense motivation just because some skinny person is enabling them and in many cases encouraging them?

• People can become overweight for a number of reasons. They are not all necessarily lazy, for instance. If a fat person dates a skinny one, s/he has an incentive to become a better match. So s/he attempts to lose weight. It's the natural tendency in people to be like their partner, especially if they consider the partner to be more fitting.

• what?

• there is the strange thing called love that doesn't take into account how much a person eats, or how shallow a person is either

• Because they can and plus some fat people are hot if you don't like hearing that well too bad get over it.

• I'm thin and fat girls are still technically on the table for me. Why? Because so many skinny women are just horrible on the inside. I know my odds of finding someone with a soul are much higher if she's not full of herself. And fat girls aren't usually full of themselves... unless they're really fat or one of those ones that waaaay more confident than she should be.

• so basically you're insecure because you think its easier* to date fat girls. you think skinny are hard to get and you're afraid of that. but honestly, I live near a military base and fat army wives are constantly* cheating on their husbands while their deployed..its extremely nieve to think fat girls are somehow nicer than thin girls.

• k, enjoy your vibrator and the guys that all the other girls passed on.

• why do you act as if I'm jealous of fat girls. if I wanted to be fat I'd eat a gallon of ice cream on a regular basis to catch up..no body wants to be fat. the ones who are are lazy glutens who lack self control.

More from Guys
5

What Girls Said 15

• Talk about discrimination.

People should be able to talk whoever they want

True love isn't base on someones weight.

• Because not everyone is you. =)

• LOL, why do you care so much what other people do? If you're attracted to a fit guy with a chubby girlfriend [that he is obviously attracted to and possibly loves], are you going to be like, 'no! You shouldn't date her because she's fat! Date me instead because I'm thin!' and totally disregard things like, you know, what HE'S attracted to, respecting his relationship, and personal choice? =P Even if there was some rule that people could only date their own body type, that doesn't in any way mean that they'd WANT to, nor would it change what their idea of attractive is, fat or thin.

• no more like when I see a nice looking guy with some fat ass, I think how insecure HE must be, and how huge a mistake he's making, literally. people keep trying to say this is some jealousy issue I have with fat girls, which is ridiculous. I'm also not the only one shocked by couples like that, this just might be the first time you've actually heard it. finally I'm sure there's some kind of a + correlations between new obesity trends and high divorce rates over the years.i don't car I'm just talking

• How does finding something outside of the 'societal norm' attractive equate to being insecure? Everyone likes something different and you can't help who you're attracted to. Being with someone who is overweight may be bad judgement for several reasons to YOU, but those guys/girls obviously disagree and think the pros of that person outweigh whatever cons [real or imagined] of their size. If they're happy and meet each others' needs in a relationship/attraction-wise, it isn't your place to bitch

• or say that they're wrong for feeling how they do. No one said anyone else has to approve of their relationship, you don't have to like it, I just don't see the point in thinking everyone else should conform to the ideals that you want them to.

• Some people find fat people attractive.

Some people value other characteristics more than weight.

Some people are thin when they first start dating or marry, but they gain weight later on (either due to unhealthy habits, pregnancy, getting older, or medical reasons). But their partner cares about them/their relationship too much to end the relationship.

When you say that fat people should only be allowed to date other fat people, you're also saying that thin people aren't allowed to date fat people. Some thin people WANT to date someone who is fat.

But when it comes down to it, why the f*** do you care? How is it any of your business? How does it affect you?

• why do people keep saying on here that its "ok" for people to marry an unsuspecting skinny person as a skinny person themselves and then suddenly explode? and pregnancy is NEVER an excuse for obesity..fat people need to stop using that because first of all fat women are not even good child bearers..and it actually affects me in the way that its destroying healthcare, but I guess you can't figure that out...so I have to spoon feed everything to you.

• Really, how do you know whether or not someone has additional contributing factors to their weight problems? You don't know every aspect of their life, you don't know what they deal with psychologically. You really don't have anything to justify your judgmental, hateful attitude with.

Honestly, all your post sounds like is that you probably have difficulties attracting men, and when you see attractive men with overweight girls, you feel upset because they're able to get a boyfriend/husband

• and you aren't. My advice is that you should stop worrying about other people, and focus on yourself: How can you make yourself more appealing to the opposite gender? Maybe there are things you could do to improve your appearance, and my guess is that there are certainly things you could do to improve your personality and attitude.

• omgggggggg your so creeeeppy can you see me? howd you know I was fatttt? I'm actually the fattest person aliveeee! :D loving my rollsss, and so are the guyssssssss! love putting my fat ass on their faces and suffocating them with all my lard when we're having sexxxxx ! I love being fat, thank you god for keeping fat people, and thank you god for junk food, I love eating my emotions out and being a hoggg lOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEE ITTTT I just orgasmed from all this happiness

• ...am I supposed to be offended* by that outburst? I think I am literally driving fat girls crazy with this question lol.

• 'literally like a toxic sewage, waste plant waddling around' <--- that's exactly what I am

ur so affected by this :(

• whatever you decided to comment on here, so I responded back.

More from Girls
10