Why do thin people date/marry FAT people?

I feel like fat people should only be allowed to date other fat people untill of course they slim down to their normal size. and by fat I do not only mean grossly obese. chubby/chunky is also fat imo.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• some people have difficulty saying no to food. some people have other weaknesses. I kno a lot of people who are overweight have a difficult time with it. often overeating is a kind of self-medicating. but eveyone has a weakness, and yet someone their loves them. Should you be judged or deemed unloveable just because you are not perfect in an area? maybe you're messy, sleep around too much, poor driver, wear glasses/contacts, have big ears, had braces, have a goofy personality, talk too much, wear too much perfume, have an annoying laugh--shall we condemn you to never being worthy of love? Who said weight was the gage for love? or self worth? or anything meaningful?

we cannot rationally "stop accepting" overweight people, because then we'd be pointing to ourselves and our weaknesses. Why don't we kill all of the people who calorie-count, or who watch too much tv, because a few folks find it unacceptable? just utter stupidity. When you become perfect one day, you can then transcend the whole lot of imperfect humanity... Of course, that will be a pretty lonely day for you.

What Guys Said 7

• TROLOLOL

• well you're certainly annoying but I wouldn't say I'm actually getting angry. stating the obvious would be making a clear point. all you're doing is posting one annoying, useless comment after another

• Don't care about what other people think anymore, nor do I need people to tell me I'm awesome and funny

I'm surprised you got so many people here to answer you question. They couldn't see through your shallow question.

Why are you getting so angry at me. I'm just stating the obvious.

• stfu and just move on to the next question if you don't agree with my views. by the way there's not an imaginary audience watching you be so 'awesome and funny' on the internet, you idiot.

• Show Older
  • Why do stupid people ask stupid questions?

• if people would just stop accepting them, then I suspect the obesity numbers will decrease over time. the problem is the enormous amount of sympathy fat people receive, which really only enables them

• Lol good for you. My recommendation is that you go fight all of them

• you must not get out very much, or you havnt visited a military base where the largest concentration of fat women with thin men exists. actually its a legitimate question that nobody yet has been able to answer. are you not aware that obesity is becoming more and more epidemic? this is definitely an issue people need to respond to. fat women aren't even good child bearers. there is no use for them..

• Show Older
  • I'm thin and fat girls are still technically on the table for me. Why? Because so many skinny women are just horrible on the inside. I know my odds of finding someone with a soul are much higher if she's not full of herself. And fat girls aren't usually full of themselves... unless they're really fat or one of those ones that waaaay more confident than she should be.

• why do you act as if I'm jealous of fat girls. if I wanted to be fat I'd eat a gallon of ice cream on a regular basis to catch up..no body wants to be fat. the ones who are are lazy glutens who lack self control.

• k, enjoy your vibrator and the guys that all the other girls passed on.

• ok enjoy your whale pets. you're disgusting. I hope they roll over you and suffocate you.

• Show Older
  • Some people like curvy people. You don't get to decide what people like, or who they date.

• Yeah, it takes some real mental gymnastics for someone to decide that they and they alone can speak for the spectrum of human sexuality and attraction.

You must be a real egomaniac.

• fat people cannot high jack the term curvy. marilyn monroe is curvy. I think they're really just lowering their standards due to their own insecurities when dating fat people.

• Because you tend to disregard weight if you really like that person. Besides, fat people are usually motivated to lose weight when they date slim people. In my opinion weight does not play a big role in successful relationship, unless it's really extreme and there's an underlying medical problem.

• what?

• People can become overweight for a number of reasons. They are not all necessarily lazy, for instance. If a fat person dates a skinny one, s/he has an incentive to become a better match. So s/he attempts to lose weight. It's the natural tendency in people to be like their partner, especially if they consider the partner to be more fitting.

• no they arent. fat people are fat because they are lazy and glutenous. so why would they suddenly have this intense motivation just because some skinny person is enabling them and in many cases encouraging them?

• I would consider myself at a good weight for my height, but I have asked out "chunky" girls though not necessarily fat. They were just nice girls.

Fat probably not because it implies the girl does not take care of herself and her health. However, it does not mean she has a bad personality. But each to his own.

• a lot of times chunky girls become fatter after you marry them. so be warned.

• It's not that common. If they're happy, that's all that matters I guess.

• That's something I couldn't tell you. I don't see the attraction personally but to each their own.

• what I would like to know is why they would choose that?statistically there are more fat people than thin people, and that trend is rising, so do you think that could have anything to do with it? sometimes I think people just settle for what's available to them.

• Dunno if you can say it's unfair. The individual who isn't fat clearly knows what kind of person they're getting involved with if they start a relationship with somebody who IS fat...nobody is forcing them to be together. It's the freedom of choice.

• Show Older

What Girls Said 10

• I'm fat and my boyfriend is slim. He fell in love with my personality, and only found me physically attractive after he fell in love with me.. So I guess that's why?

• could be that they fell in love with that person's personality. It happens I guess

• LOL, why do you care so much what other people do? If you're attracted to a fit guy with a chubby girlfriend [that he is obviously attracted to and possibly loves], are you going to be like, 'no! You shouldn't date her because she's fat! Date me instead because I'm thin!' and totally disregard things like, you know, what HE'S attracted to, respecting his relationship, and personal choice? =P Even if there was some rule that people could only date their own body type, that doesn't in any way mean that they'd WANT to, nor would it change what their idea of attractive is, fat or thin.

• or say that they're wrong for feeling how they do. No one said anyone else has to approve of their relationship, you don't have to like it, I just don't see the point in thinking everyone else should conform to the ideals that you want them to.

• How does finding something outside of the 'societal norm' attractive equate to being insecure? Everyone likes something different and you can't help who you're attracted to. Being with someone who is overweight may be bad judgement for several reasons to YOU, but those guys/girls obviously disagree and think the pros of that person outweigh whatever cons [real or imagined] of their size. If they're happy and meet each others' needs in a relationship/attraction-wise, it isn't your place to bitch

• no more like when I see a nice looking guy with some fat ass, I think how insecure HE must be, and how huge a mistake he's making, literally. people keep trying to say this is some jealousy issue I have with fat girls, which is ridiculous. I'm also not the only one shocked by couples like that, this just might be the first time you've actually heard it. finally I'm sure there's some kind of a + correlations between new obesity trends and high divorce rates over the years.i don't car I'm just talking

• omgggggggg your so creeeeppy can you see me? howd you know I was fatttt? I'm actually the fattest person aliveeee! :D loving my rollsss, and so are the guyssssssss! love putting my fat ass on their faces and suffocating them with all my lard when we're having sexxxxx ! I love being fat, thank you god for keeping fat people, and thank you god for junk food, I love eating my emotions out and being a hoggg lOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEE ITTTT I just orgasmed from all this happiness

• whatever you decided to comment on here, so I responded back.

• 'literally like a toxic sewage, waste plant waddling around' <--- that's exactly what I am

ur so affected by this :(

• lol yaaaa :( I didn't offend you? because on the internet one can easily affend another, you know, even without knowing wht the other person looks like or any other detail about the person they're trying to offend, :( I mean, all your words really sting my heart :( you're just too mentally strong for everyone on the internet :( boo

• Show Older
  • Some people find fat people attractive.

Some people value other characteristics more than weight.

Some people are thin when they first start dating or marry, but they gain weight later on (either due to unhealthy habits, pregnancy, getting older, or medical reasons). But their partner cares about them/their relationship too much to end the relationship.

When you say that fat people should only be allowed to date other fat people, you're also saying that thin people aren't allowed to date fat people. Some thin people WANT to date someone who is fat.

But when it comes down to it, why the f*** do you care? How is it any of your business? How does it affect you?

• and you aren't. My advice is that you should stop worrying about other people, and focus on yourself: How can you make yourself more appealing to the opposite gender? Maybe there are things you could do to improve your appearance, and my guess is that there are certainly things you could do to improve your personality and attitude.

• Really, how do you know whether or not someone has additional contributing factors to their weight problems? You don't know every aspect of their life, you don't know what they deal with psychologically. You really don't have anything to justify your judgmental, hateful attitude with.

Honestly, all your post sounds like is that you probably have difficulties attracting men, and when you see attractive men with overweight girls, you feel upset because they're able to get a boyfriend/husband

• and some people don't have any excuse at all

• Show Older
  • you're over 45? you're f***ing stupid to ask that, go die.

• you must have the most disgusting sex ever and I really don't need to hear about it please. and would fat girls please stop high jacking the MM thing. that is curvy, not rolls of fat...Fat is really just toxic waste your body can't get rid of, so you are literally like a toxic sewage, waste plant waddling around..not sexy.

• lol your jealous of fat girlssss! your personality must be SHIT to even post this question... ha ha the fact that fatties have sexy enough personalities and got the guys you could've been interested in before you, kills youuu!

i hope the fattest person on earth lands on your head and crushes you.

and marilyn monroe was considered chubby you dummy. that's partly why she's a famous role model for women.

i hope your insecurities eat you alive.

• im not actually that old. I didn't use my real bith date. I'm in my early 20's, but not that that really matters...but to you it obviously does. nice try though. anywya you're probably fat, so I suspect you'll die much sooner in the near future due to your unhealthy lifestyle.

• Because they like that type of person. Not all people marry someone based on weight. Some actually like their personality and don't care about the persons physical appearance. Or its in the person nature to like someone who is chubby. I mean its their way of thinking and their likes.

• Yeah they don't care. If they really like the person then they wouldn't let their physical appearance get in the way. And well chubby/fat people. And they refer themselves as curvy as a way to feel better about themselves or they actually do have curves. Nobody likes to think bad about themselves.

• they obviously really* don't care about physical attraction in that case, don't they? depends on your defintion of chubby. I see a lot of fat people referring to themselves as curvy, so obviously a lot of defintions have been skewed/high jacked over the years.

• Talk about discrimination.

People should be able to talk whoever they want

True love isn't base on someones weight.

• If they like/love the other person should it really matter what other people think? Should preps only date preps? Should alcoholics only date other alcoholics? Why should size matter? That's like hearing a girl say that she will only date blond haired blue eyed guys...

• Won't like me if I walked in the room with no make up hair in a ponytail and in sweat pants. Have you ever heard the saying if you don't love me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best?

• I agree that if they complain they should do something about it, but why does that bother you? Sometimes it easier to point out other things that are wrong with other people then looking at what is wrong with yourself. You say you wouldn't let yourself go that far, but that's because looks matter more to you. I would rather talk to a friend that needs me then worry about counting calories. I would rather sleep in on school days then wake up an hour early so I can do up my hair for people that...

• the difference between me and fat people is that I would never let myself go that far. fat people allow themselves to get that way, and then want everyone to feel sorry for them after they destroy their bodies. but of course if fat people are willing to change, then they absolutely should and not just say they are.

• Show Older
  • Generally, they do.

There are always a few exceptions, perhaps because other things outweighed the lack of fitness, such as personality, wealth, sex skills, etc.

Also, people's weight tends to fluctuate, so they may have both been fat/thin at the time of marriage. Once that person becomes your best friend and trusted partner, it's hard to kick them to the curb for something like weight.

• I was just curious why you were SO incredibly ticked off by this, rather than annoyed.

• no that's not it at all. don't try and turn this around on me and make it into a "jealousy" issue. its not just me. I've lived in Europe, and they're constantly referring to Americans as all fat, which is annoying to those who aren't fat, yet we're forced to be associated with them.

• Life isn't perfect. Are you talking about someone in particular ... maybe you're into a man who has a fat wife?

• Show Older