How to stop melanin production?

is it possible to stop it? if yes, then how? which food or pills can help?

so for all who asked me why? I don't want to stop all the production, I know its dangerous. I want just to reduce it to make my hair and skin stay like now forever, because I also know skin and hair get darker with age. I want to prevent it.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• link link Also, like nwgrl said you should also talk to your doctor about this before you do anything. Do you mind if I ask why you want to stop melanin production?

• You should read these answer it seems varied on why,if and how badly it happens: link

• I really don't know if my skin and hair is getting to be darker, but if yes, I want to prevent it.

• He might, but if you really want to do it he could not stop you. Still it would be good so you could verify what you take and how much and all that stuff. How much darker would your skin get with age anyway?

• Show Older

What Guys Said 3

• If melanin stopped being produced...this means u're removing the layer that's protecting you from Ultraviolet light during the normal days & this will contribute to having skin cancer!Im a medical student ...DONT DO IT!

• If your goal is to become extra pale and white, I highly suggest against it. Stopping melanin production can have some serious side effects as most of those melanin blockers f*** with your hormones and other naturally produced chemicals. I say don't do it.

• WHY would you want to do that!?

What Girls Said 4

• why would want to f*** with your body like that?

• lol no. you can't stop melanin production. you can use skin bleaching and such to get rid of the melanin in your skin. which is a horrible idea. but you can't stop with out using a drug to inhibit its production in the pineal gland. and I don't think there is such a drug

• You don't have much to begin with.

• Have you got an over production of meanin? If so it depends on why. Typically this is a biological issue. Your doctor will know best and suggest perhaps a dermatologist or a change in diet.