How to stop melanin production?

is it possible to stop it? if yes, then how? which food or pills can help?

so for all who asked me why? I don't want to stop all the production, I know its dangerous. I want just to reduce it to make my hair and skin stay like now forever, because I also know skin and hair get darker with age. I want to prevent it.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• link link Also, like nwgrl said you should also talk to your doctor about this before you do anything. Do you mind if I ask why you want to stop melanin production?

• Ok then. You should still talk to a doctor before you do anything though.

• Show Older
    • I really don't know if my skin and hair is getting to be darker, but if yes, I want to prevent it.

• You should read these answer it seems varied on why,if and how badly it happens: link

What Guys Said 3

• WHY would you want to do that!?

• If your goal is to become extra pale and white, I highly suggest against it. Stopping melanin production can have some serious side effects as most of those melanin blockers f*** with your hormones and other naturally produced chemicals. I say don't do it.

• If melanin stopped being produced...this means u're removing the layer that's protecting you from Ultraviolet light during the normal days & this will contribute to having skin cancer!Im a medical student ...DONT DO IT!

What Girls Said 4

• why would want to f*** with your body like that?

• Have you got an over production of meanin? If so it depends on why. Typically this is a biological issue. Your doctor will know best and suggest perhaps a dermatologist or a change in diet.

• lol no. you can't stop melanin production. you can use skin bleaching and such to get rid of the melanin in your skin. which is a horrible idea. but you can't stop with out using a drug to inhibit its production in the pineal gland. and I don't think there is such a drug

• You don't have much to begin with.