I feel like chopped liver, what would you do in this situation?

So I'm a graphic designer at my work, (so I thought), and I've been with them for over a year now. I got hired as an intern 6 months after school, and after 3 months of interning, I was hired by them. I don't make much, but it's a foot in the door and I'm supposed to be getting tons of experience/build my portfolio..right?

Apparently not... about a year ago they got me working on a project, for booklets, and they liked them. Of course they were rough copies and needed work, but they weren't looking into anything final at the moment, but needed them for eventually when they rebranded.

Well..they're rebranding now...and they're sitting here in the office, talking about hiring a designer to make all their materials for them. They're struggling to find someone, and they're emailing a bunch of people.

I basically feel like chopped liver...like..wtf is my purpose here?

How am I going to add anything to my portfolio if I don't do any major projects? I'm seriously thinking this is a waste of my experience time..

But no one else will hire me because I need years of experience.

What would you do in this situation? Speak up? Keep quiet?

I don't know... This is bullsh*t basically.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• In those circumstances I see no reason not to speak up, in a completely professional way of course. In your place I would point out that I was originally told that I would doing that work. Then I would ask my boss, if you don't want me to be doing the graphic design work, what do you want me to do? It's a way to politely point out the contradiction between what you were first told and what they are saying now and hint at your frustration and confusion about that contradiction. If nothing else, you will likely find out where you stand there which will help you decide your next move.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!