Why do guys not hit on me?

Honest opinions, I have thick skin. Just be polite and I can handle it.

I don't consider myself overweight at 170. Yes I do occasionally go out, more recently since I've been divorced. I'm very shy at first. I definitely don't dress like a nun, if anything I find it possible to find a shirt to cover cleavage (about 15 pounds of my 170 is boobs alone).

Thanks for all the nice comments, one of the pics in my profile is me after a long day at work so it's nice to know I can be pretty than too.
I work in a male dominated field.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 17

• No idea, from what you've said above. The profile pic is cute - the two on the right are particularly adorable. The problem will not be a physical one.

Where you meet people may come into play. How approachable you seem, perhaps. Personality, obviously, doesn't come across in a few pictures and a few sentences, so that could contribute.

From what you have posted, there is no way of knowing. All I can confirm is that your physical appearance won't be contributing to it. That should draw guys in, not turn them away. The problem has to be somewhere else.

• Thanks. Im new to meeting people again so I'm in the not sure what I'm suppose to do phase.

• That makes sense. It can be especially strange feeling if your last relationship was a long one. By the 30s, a lot of the 'normal' places to meet people flirtatiously are gone. School was a great place, and that's no good. Workplaces at entry level positions are good, but no good once you are in a 'career' and not just working retail or in a restaurant. So that takes out the two easiest places to meet people.

Online can work well, but can take a while to get used to. And you will have to sift through a ton of people looking for more casual hook-ups. And get over the whole feeling like you are looking at a menu and not dealing with real people.

So that means you have to meet people outside of work. Bars are no good for finding a guy wanting a relationship, so that cuts that out, unless you are just looking for a one night thing.

That's going to put a lot of the weight of finding a guy on your hobbies and interests, on the things you do outside of work, in your spare time for fun.

• Your face is cute. I don't know what your body looks like. Do you tell them that you are recently divorced?

• The guys I work with know, but no I don't even get that far to have a conversation

• I have unfortunately been blessed withe large breast and a well shaped butt. If I had to chose one thing about my body I would change it would be my thighs. Otherwise I don't think my body is the issue because I'm curvy in a good way (my opinion).

• So, if it's not physical, then you are conveying something that deters guys. The two most common things would be to express depression or anger. If you are doing that, you may not be aware of it. It might be conveyed in body language, facial expressions, tone of voice, etc.

• I have no idea, you look fucking cute as in your picture.

• i would have to observe you and the guys around you in your daily life to form an opinion on this.

classic reasons are:
    1) are you overweight?
    2) do you dress like a nun?
    3) do you 'go out' during the evening?

• Maybe they don't like the way you look, they don't like your personality, you are not lucky enough, they are shy, they already in a relationship or they are not interested at this current moment... All of these are possible reasons, however I don't think it's because the way you look because I think you are pretty

• I don't know, I would totally hit on you. Come to Canada haha

• I never hit on woman cause of morals
    now i will make conversation with her

• I like what I see. You are pretty and sexy. Maybe guys in your town are gay.

• I have no clue your absolutely beautiful and I don't see y you don't have guys London up at the door

• Guys hit on girls they think are available, as opposed to the most attractive ones. Perhaps you are sending the wrong signals.

• Aww :-( I would hit on you. You look so beautiful ;-)

• If that is you in your picture, I don't understand why guys don't hit on you. You are very pretty

• I'd hit on you.

• I don't know ,, u look good tho

• They may be intimidated by your beauty and the way you carry yourself

• Maybe I should start demanding attention when I walk in a room. Works for a friend of mine but she ends up with a lot of one night stands. Not my thing.

• I don't know but you have a really pretty face

• Well your 34, and as you age more your chance of finding a guy exponentially decreases. Let me ask questions that may help. Are you fat, have a bad attitude, dressing like a bum, play mind games, timid and quiet?

• Quiet but no on the rest. I don't see how age is an issue.

• I'm average height at 5'5

• Your height would be fine for guys. I would say have an approach that makes yourself open to conversation.

What Girls Said 3

• If you are insecure - guys will not hit on you as they are attracted to confidence and presentation. Some girls get guys when they lack confidence because they are presentable and charming but if you lack charm and also lack confidence nobody will hit on you.

• Oh my gosh I know exactly how you feel... You're beautiful but Maybe you should do the hitting on or maybe flirt a bit more I don't know because we're wearing the same shoes right now

• You are a very attractive woma. It's all so confusing when starting over. Flirting is such a foreign word.

• Maybe because you're old and fat?

• Sweety, old is just a word that people who fear it use. Oh and fat, I'm feel sorry for this world if a woman with 4 kids at 170 is fat.

• I don't understand the imperial system.

• I'm sure men don't ever hit on you because you're damaged goods.