Blonde shaming?

I keep seeing on here and other places people hating on blondes. Constatly saying they look fake, or they're not their type, or things like that. That's upsetting to me because I'm a natural blonde and I like my hair. Why are brunettes now favored over blondes? what gives :/

Most Helpful Guy

• I think to make that much of an association with a particular haircolour is wrong - A lot of those comments are thrown out there as stereotypes if they were said about a race or gender the person saying them would get criticised - A girl's haircolour is just one small piece of a much larger jigsaw on whether she is my type or not, for me it is an appraisal of the whole package not just one part.

Most Helpful Girl

• You know what I say: their loss. My hair is naturally blonde as well and I think it's beautiful. I'm not going to start feeling self conscious or bad about my hair color just because some men say they like brunettes better. To each their own. Hopefully there will come a day when someone will look at my blonde hair and think that it completes me and that they like me for the person that I am. If not, and people prefer to define me and put me into a box because of my yellow locks, let them. Someone who is as silly as to let hair color get in the way of a potential partner is ridiculous.

What Guys Said 11

• Hey I'm blonde😊 But yeah I see a lot on here liking them more but I do like brunettes too, something about the contrast of black hair against pale skin I guess but I wouldn't rule out dating a natural blonde haired girl either

• Rare beauty makes non blonde girls jealous.
    There are men who prefer blondes <3

• I'm a natural blond as well. It doesn't bother me if someones going to think I'm stupid because of my hair color I just pity them. A lot of women don't like blond hair on guys because I guess it doesn't look masculine. But I get compliments on my hair a lot so I think I wear it well. Don't worry about it. Anyone that honestly thinks less of you in any way because of your natural hair color isn't worth even talking to.

• The blonde men I know are very masculine... think Viking-looking! :p

• Its not some much shaming as much as a bad sterotype and its actually dirty blonde to be specific that seems to be really popular.

• I had dark blonde hair and I just added some lighter blonde highlights. Online people call me fake because I'm naturally tan and my hair is lighter. But it's pretty natural!

• well my Niece says you sound like her mom lol... She has a really dark blonde hair. i'm going to type what she said next as accurate as a 5 yr old can say lol. "you sound really, really pritty." I'm dying of laughter if you could hear her she's so adorable lol. and yes she gets her i and e's mixed up.

Just be proud of who you are and not what you could be have a good day now miss and people say mean things to make themselves feel better often so be careful who you trust

• awww that's cute! Thanks!

• blondes and gingers are my fav :P

• I always thought that blonde girls could be beautifull its just that lots of blonds are overated. Thats my only issue.

• I always liked brunettes wait my bad

I'm ibssesed with brunettes

• I think this is nonsens

• well I do too, but it's what I have been experiencing.

• I have! Plenty of things, even my own picture, people were saying I was fake -,-

• I am sorry about that

• Dont feel bad, i love blondes!!

• I've never seen blonde shaming, people just state their preferences and many, like me, prefer brunettes. Brown hair/eyes look warm and I like that look. It isn't that men don't like blondes, it's that they are no longer considered prettier just because of their hair color. While many of us have preferences, those are just that - preferences - and certainly not a big deal. Hair color alone cannot make you ugly or pretty, it's about your facial features, not color.

• I've been having guys keep telling me they prefer brunettes and people tell me I'm fake, when I'm naturally blonde.

• Don't listen to them. You're not fake and many guys do love blondes.

• What planet do you live on?

• I see it on GAG constantly brah. Every time I post a blonde and ask if she's pretty, or pictures of me. People say "oh I don't like blondes, blondes are too fake" etc.

• Real blondes get slack too. People will also call you a liar. Like I would dye my hair and my eyebrows and every hair on my body -. -

• @spuitkaas I know! I'm dirty blonde but made it a little lighter and am getting mean comments!

What Girls Said 6

• I think a lot of people associate the word "blonde" with bleached blonde hair, a fake tan, and a snobby/materialistic personality. Obviously, there are a lot of beautiful blondes out there.

I think facial features and body type determine attractiveness more so than hair color. Everyone has their preferences, though.

• Stating preferences=/=shaming.

It's sad I have to preface that because people think this way. I personally prefer red hair, then jet black, then brunette, then blonde. It's not that it's ugly, I just I don't know. I really like red hair.

Blondes are still preferred by most people, though there are vocal people who dislike it. Men still prefer blondes and there are studies that show blonde women get more help from men. And that they find that color more feminine and attractive.

A pretty girl is a pretty girl regardless of hair color.

• I feel you...
    It's the stupid paradox. People think blondes are the preferred ones - > get hate because people think they're arrogant, slutty etc. - > makes them the lesser preferred ones, but people will still think they are.
    It sucks to be a blonde.

• Blondes are really pretty i think, the hair color stands out cause its light and pretty color... be happy with your hair color. I heard dark hair like black was in but I decided to dye my hair ligght Carmel brown cause it would suit me... you get what I'm saying?

• Yeah I get you! People are just so rude!

• Well people will be people can't change that... just be happy with your hair color. And buy the way blondes are known to be pretty so..

• thanks :)

• Blonde shaming?
    You can't add "shaming" to the end of something just because you think something is unfair. What the hell is this world coming to? 😒

• I really can, it's called freedom of speech.

shame
      SHām/
      verb
      gerund or present participle: shaming

(of a person, action, or situation) make (someone) feel ashamed.
      "I tried to shame him into giving some away"
      synonyms: humiliate, mortify, chagrin, embarrass, abash, chasten, humble, take down a peg or two, cut down to size; More
      informalshow up, make someone eat crow
      "he was shamed in public"
      bring shame to.
      "the entire debacle has shamed our community"
      synonyms: disgrace, dishonor, discredit, degrade, debase; More
      stigmatize, taint, sully, tarnish, besmirch, blacken, drag through the mud
      "you shamed your family's name"
      antonyms: honor
      cause (someone) to feel ashamed or inadequate by outdoing or surpassing them.
      "she shames me with her eighty-year-old energy"

• 😂😂😂

• whatt. im a blond and i've never had this problem. be proud of your hair girl!

• I haven't until this past year!

• well dont pay attention to what the people on this site say. most of the guys on here are bitter af