Which is worse, guys having to wear a tie at work or a girl having to wear heels at work?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well obviously the heels are worse, since a tie can be adjusted for comfort.

What Guys Said 14

• Never had any problems with ties. Don't see why they would be bad. Wearing heels for 8+ hours is probably a pain so I vote for heels on this one.

• ties can be uncomfor

• uncomfortable but heels can be down right pain and can actually harm your body so its not much of a contest. heels are worse

• I would argue the tie, and here is why:
    Most jobs that want a woman to wear heels are also a job she can sit most the day. So, despite the nature of heels, she isn't standing in them most the time.

A guy's tie? It doesn't matter if you are sitting, standing, or anything else. You feel it constantly.

• I can tell you I don't enjoy wearing ties, but I know plenty of my male friends who do. I can tell you that my girlfriend doesn't enjoy wearing heels over 2.5 inches, but I know lots of female friends who rock 4 inch ones as casual wear.

• Heels is worse, cause it can actually affect your feet and posture.
    I don't think ties are that uncomfortable, tbh.

• I think girls having to wear heels would be worse. That's just really wrong to require girls to wear those for an entire workday. A girl can look very professional in an office setting without wearing heels.

• Id say heels it just seems your feet would hurt lol. Even tho I hate wearing ties even if I do look good in a suit lol.

• Never knew guys considered wearing a tie at work as a bad thing. I feel sexy and classy when I wear a tie!

• Ties? I just iron my sweatpants when I wanna look good.

• I think you'd get used to either one. But the tie place better be fucking cold. So really they can't work at the same place.

• Honestly I think it's heels. Those have to hurt and they cause foot problems if worn too much.

• Ties.

• both of them sucks

• I like ties

What Girls Said 9

• High heels actually cause foot problems, and can also cause knee, hip, and lower back problems in the long run if worn everyday, for most of the day. They force the feet, legs, and hips into an unnatural position.

The only problem with ties is that they can be a nuisance and a potential hazard depending on your workplace. For example, doctors must either forgo the tie or wear a tie clip because of all the dirt and bacteria that collects on the tie.

• Heels are the worst. I've worn ties and they aren't bad.

• I love wearing high heels to work thank you very much lol. I'm loose on the dress code. Not many guys that work for me wear ties.

• ties look like they're choking, i like wearing heels as long as they aren't stilettos

• what wrong with guys wearing ties, and girls wearing heel at work? I wear heels at work all the time, and guys look cute in ties...

• Heels 100% it's proven to fuck up your body and give you all kinds of problems.
    A better question would have been ties vs. scarves/necklaces. The comparison you made isn't equal at all.

• Only certain heels have shown to have higher risk factors than normal flat shoes. There's a wide variety of heels in terms of height and there's little to no research that have shown those 2" or under to have any serious effects. So unless you're wearing like 6" pumps to work, in most likelihood you won't be getting "all kinds of problems".

Can one dislike wearing heels at work? Yes. Are there legitimate risks to wearing work appropriate heels? No. What are the chances that you do something damaging to one's body wearing 2" heels? Probably about the same as one getting choked from wearing a tie.

• @Baconburger yes there is less damage if you only wear 2" and not on an every day basis, but getting a flat distribution of weight and force (flat sole) will always be ideal.
      Sciatica, tendinitis, bunions, nerve damage, permanent spine displacement, etc.

• I think either would suck equally if you don't want to wear them.

• Both are symbols of oppression but heels are more uncomfortable.

• having your balls scorched by a hot flat iron