Any good quotes about people talking behind your back, spreading false rumors, etc?

Does anyone know of any good quotes about people talking behind your back, spreading false rumors, etc?

Thanks in advance.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 3

What Guys Said 2

• For someone to talk so much about you, means that you are surely on their mind and awful lot. So the next time someone starts talking crap, just smile and tell them "You sure talk about me a lot for someone who supposedly doesn't like me very much :)"

• "backstabbing friends are like pennies. Two faced, and worthless."

• Unless you collect enough of them...

• ~ The underlying problem with many Backstabbers is a lack of self-esteem ~

~ One of the favorite pastimes of Backstabbers is recounting slights and grievances they've carried for years. ~

• Selected as most helpful

Gossip is always a personal confession either of malice or imbecility.

Josiah Gilbert Holland

What people say behind your back is your standing in the community.

Edgar Watson Howe

Whoever gossips to you will gossip about you.

Spanish Proverb

We cannot control the evil tongues of others; but a good life enables us to disregard them.

Cato the Elder

That which is everybody's business is nobody's business.

Izaak Walton

There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it ill behaves any of us to find fault with the rest of us.

James Truslow Adams

It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.

Oscar Wilde

Of every ten persons who talk about you, nine will say something bad, and the tenth will say something good in a bad way.

Antoine Rivarol

"never explain yourself...your friends don't need it and enemies won't care."

"a true friend only believes the stuff you say not what other people say"

"if it were up to me I'd put duct tape around everyone's mouth so they couldn't talk"

"I shouldn't have to explain myself...YOU should be the one telling ME why you believed what you heard"

No one gossips about other people's secret virtues. ~Bertrand Arthur William Russell, On Education, 1926

If it's very painful for you to criticize your friends - you're safe in doing it. But if you take the slightest pleasure in it, that's the time to hold your tongue. ~Alice Duer Miller

The easiest way to keep a secret is without help. ~Author Unknown

Do not repeat anything you will not sign your name to. ~Author Unknown

Gossip needn't be false to be evil - there's a lot of truth that shouldn't be passed around. ~Frank A. Clark

It is one of my sources of happiness never to desire a knowledge of other people's business. ~Dolley Madison

There is so much good in the worst of us,

And so much bad in the best of us,

That it hardly becomes any of us

To talk about the rest of us.

~Edward Wallis Hoch

The best way to keep one's word is not to give it. ~Napoleon I, Maxims

There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true. ~Winston Churchill

A stranger stabs you in the front. A boyfriend stabs you in the heart. An enemy stabs you in the back but real friends don’t carry knives.

I’m sorry. Did my back hurt your knife?

If someone hurts you, betrays you, or breaks your heart, forgive them for they have helped you learn about trust and the importance of being cautious to whom you open your heart.

If you scatter thorns, don’t go barefoot.

In the end you’ll figure out who’s fake and who’s true and who would risk it all for you.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Hope that helps.

• The last of them that I have:

And all who told it added something new, and all who heard it, made enlargements too.

Alexander Pope

The things most people want to know about are usually none of their business.

George Bernard Shaw

• Some couldn't fit when I posted it here are a few others that didn't fit:

Hearts that are delicate and kind, and tongues that are neither -- these makes the finest company in the world.

Logan Pearshall Smith

Count not him among your friends who will retail your privacies to the world.

Publilius Syrus

Avoid inquisitive persons, for they are sure to be gossips, their ears are open to hear, but they will not keep what is entrusted to them.

Horace

• "Your family members are the only people you can trust."