What is the difference between cute and handsome?

I was at the beach with 4 girls today and there were many guys and they would be like "oh that guy is cute", "he is cute". One of these girls is my best friend and she says I am handsome. Everyone else calls me handsome as well. What is the difference between the two?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 9

What Guys Said 0

• Selected as most helpful

Cute means attractive but it can also apply to a cute personality in which the guy has a lot of likable traits like he is really nice or funny. But cute can be almost childish...like a guy with a baby face or a boy next door look to them. Cute guys are more approachable and seem to have a friendly aura to them.

Handsome is more of a unanimous agreement that you are very attractive. Most movie stars are considered handsome. And it's more of a more distinguished and masculine look. Some qualities that come to mind are a distinct jaw line, muscular body or just classic good looks that most women would agree is hot! However, handsome men aren't as approachable because they can seem intimidating and hence, unapproachable. Yet, handsome men are usually the guys women fight over to get.

Being cute is great but if you are certain that you are in the handsome category then you are one lucky guy. Women love that because its rare. You probably have no problem getting women. Um, not to sound like a pervert or weirdo but would you mind letting me see pic of yourself? I normally wouldn't ask but I'd like to see for myself...lol.

• handsome is better than cute it means good looking in a manly way, cute is more attractive in a sweet or young way.

• Handsome is like old fashioned. It just doesn't flow.

Cute or hot is what I say. And it means I dig him.

• Reactions.

Cute: D'aw.

Handsome: Woof.

Both totally f*ckable.

• When I call a guy cute he's 21 and under. but for handsome I think of older guys like 25 and over.

• Also handsome to me is like serious/sexy/ mature

and cute is just average face/good personality... I could find that anywhere

• Cute to me is someone who has some nice qualities but it is more in a juvenile kind of way (by that I mean like a passing glance and an "oh he's kind of attractive"). Whereas handsom is more elegant and deeper than just the quick glance. It's something you actually notice that distiguishes them.

That's just my opinion. But if I were a guy I would rather be called handsome any day of the week. :)

Kind of like some girls prefer beautiful to hot.

• Cute to me is when a guy has a great personality along with a sweet smile with the combination of him looking good. Theirs a lot of guys that you see , That people may say mann he's handsome . But he just has a serious face and when you talk to him , You notice theirs no personality .

• the same for me

• Cute and handsome and synonymous to me, but cute is a lot less awkward to say so I prefer to call a guy this.

Be the first guy to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!