How do you let someone you love go knowing it's for the best? Because things won't work out?

I've loved my ex for a long time even after we broke up and I mean really deeply. But I had to let her go because she belonged to someone else. Then this year, very recently, she and her s/o break up. And we start talking a few months after this happens. And hanging out. Then it hits me, it doesn't feel the same with this girl anymore. I still love her, probably always will, but I can't picture us being together ever again. We could be friends, as we still get along, but I guess it would always hurt a little. And I'd rather not. It makes me sad because she's what I've wanted for so long and now I've to let her go again. But I do want her to be happy. Any tips for a situation like this?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

Be the first girl to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!

• i'd say, from experience, give it some time with her, if she makes you feel good when your with her, then stay with her, but if your with her and your constantly thinking of ways to break it off with her, I'd say do the deed and just tell her you can't do it anymore.

• Idk how your relationship ended last time but me, f*** it and just do it. know what I mean?

• What makes me nervous is the fact that she isn't over her ex and might use me as a rebound, get bored eventually and walk away. Do you think it's worth it?