Do I still love my ex-girlfriend after breaking up with her?

Hi there..

I've just cried my eyes out of thinking about my ex-girlfriend being single - she's out there, can be flirted with, could have sex with other guys, will probably love another guy at some point, will make out with other guys, and it's f***ING killing me. I know I shouldn't think about it, but I accidentally did. And I realized how hard it is.

It's really hard to sum the entire relationship up, but I'll try quickly: we started dating around 1,5 years ago. At the start, I was madly in love with her, and she was in it for the physical. Quite quickly, she fell in love with me too. There has been no problems since then, except for this guy feeling in my stomach which I noticed around 2 months ago.

This escalated, and suddenly we broke up, and got back together two days after (after realizing we spend way too much time together, and that we should try and see each other less - we lived at her place for three months, cause I had nowhere else to live).

I'm so f***ing confused - do I still love her? I broke up with her! And now, I'm crying over her POTENTIAL future, and I'm also sad that she might already be moving on?

Holy sh*t, this is scary. What if I broke up with the love of my life, and that this was just a f***ing phase?

Sorry if this is confusing.. I'll gladly answer any questions. I just need some advice on this.. :'(

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 7

What Guys Said 3

• You could be missing her or you could really love her. I say why not try again. But only if you can make a real commitment to her and not just tell her what she wants to hear. Relationships often involve a lot more work than people think. Best of luck!

• Then get back with her and this time make a commitment

• Good luck!

• I mean, work to resolve the issues and then never ever do them again. Have a mutual agreement then...

otherwise what's the point...

• try to get her back if you love her so much.

• How many poems, how many songs have been written about the sadness of losing your love?

It seems you didn't so much lose her as discard her. Now you're sorry, but I doubt you'll get her back. This is cold comfort, but if she loved you and you broke up with her, how do you expect her to feel?

• I agree with maiez if you couldn't live majority of your days with her in your life I don't think it is meant to e.. If you are going to be with someone and commit to be with each other for life you should not have to spend less time together.. I think a lot of people go through this phase of a break up especially if you really care for or love someone, where they feel like they can't live without the person and obsesses about that persons future.. I think it's because of the thought of failing .. When I broke up a long term relationship I felt like a failure like I couldn't succeed in this relationship that I invested so much time emotional physical and mental features of myself..

• you re going through a breakup it's normal to feel this way. You might miss her a lot but I doubt you still love her, otherwise you wouldn't have had that 'guy' feeling.

• We don't know if you love her or not. only you can say if you do or dont

• We don't know you nor do we know who you are. Its stupid to ask us if we know if you love her or not. ONLY you know! how are we supposed to know your relationship? Go on and report. It has been done back :)

• That's the worst advice I've ever gotten. Reported for spam.

• Selected as most helpful

Don't get back together with her. Take it from a guy that dated a girl for 3 years and his girlfriend broke up with him for no reason, it's time to move on. There is no such thing as the "One true love", it's something that develops, and as you get over this break up you will start dating other girls and maybe even fall in love with one of them more than you were in love with this girl.

I know this is hard to believe because you just lost a part of yourself and your best friend, but trust me when I say that your heart will heal and you will learn from this relationship and move on. I'm not saying that everyday will be great and you'll never think or feel anything towards her, you always will have those memories no matter how much you try and forget, but allow those memories and actions of that relationship to make you into a better man. I still feel the heartache sometimes because I think that I could have done better, and what you said, just thinking about her with another guy hurts so much, but I know it's cliche to say, if you love someone let them go, don't forget about them but let them be free and don't hold onto her. Once you forgive yourself and you forgive her, you will be free just as much as she is.

And above all if it's meant to be then you two will meet again and fall in love again.

Hope this helped

and Good luck!

• Thanks man, that's what I needed.. :)

• What you're dealing with is a breakup. It's normal to feel hurt and to wonder these kinds of things. Obviously you do miss her. Maybe you should talk to her about it. Fry up some catfish and hitch it to a pickup truck

• if you werent able to live with her in your life everyday then she wasn't the love of your life.

i think it was a phase and you should think this over again