What do you think are the advantage and disadvantages of being married?

I have my perspective but I am curious about those of other people. You can answer even if you've never been married and use your imagination.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know sounds stifling. i suppose if we split the chores 50/50 and didn't have kids, itd just be like a really really really ltr. I don't know if people are meant to be together for their entire lives though. not sure its healthy. could stunt your growth or cause a lot of resentment and apathy.'oh i would but wife/ husband doesn't want me to...'

What Girls Said 6

• Marriage can create a strong bond and partnership. In it, couples thrive socially, emotionally and financially. That leads to maturity and personal growth.
    However there fewer nightmares worse than a marriage gone wrong. Basically take the advantages and apply the opposite.

• Advantage for me is sex on call. Two incomes, someone who aways has my back , a party companion. Tax breaks. My husband and I don't have to talk to each other because we know what each other is thinking. Owning land and building a house and life together. Always have a travel companion. The only downside is one day he will die. I told him if he dies first ask if he can bring me also. Being married is not for everyone. But we have been together for 20+ yrs, sadly in this day an age 20yrs seems long to people. We could be married 100yrs it will never be long enough. Society is so cynical, marriage will soon become a rarity.

• If you care for the person and are able to compromise then there are no disadvantages.
    The only one i can see is monogamy, but that shouldn't be an issue either, if you are sexually compatible

• Advantages- being with the one you love. Knowing they made a commitment to you. Having a family.

Disadvantages- fighting, possibly getting cheated on, etc (but thats like every relationship).
    I don't see many disadvantages.

• Think about this..You're life is no longer yours..it's everyone elses

• It doesn't play out like that at all.

• I guess that makes sense. Openness with doubt.

• Advantages: someone to share your emotional and domestic life, help for raising children, potential sex partner right in your house.

Disadvantages: always having to take someone else into consideration, twice the domestic work, inevitable friction, giving up things you want for what someone else wants

What Guys Said 3

• Advantage -Love, Kids, Caring, Feel
    your heart beating every time she
    comes next to you and sex when it's
    to be, Honesty, Faithfulness, Spending
    time together

Disadvantage-Lack of love, getting
    cheated on, arguments, greed, no sex
    lose spouse, lose child to death,
    relationship is distant, No time spent

• If it goes wrong your entire life is shambles... And half of all marriages. So it's 50/50 shot that your life will be in shambles...

• Boredom
    Loss of freedom
    Poorer
    Divorce
    Alimony
    Child care
    Diapers