How can I tell him that I think we are moving to fast?

I've been with my boyfriend for about a month and we have already told each other that we love each other which I know is soon but I guess we just hit it off really quickly... Anyways we know that we want to be together forever and we have spoken about marriage and all that stuff because even though its only been a month it feels like its been a year however all this talk about marriage and the future makes me think the relationship is moving too fast, how can I tell him this without hurting him?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just tell him that you don't want to be hurt and you don't want to end up hurting him either. Tell him you want to enjoy your relationship with him by taking things slow and not rushing into anything. Tell him you find it more exciting when the relationship is spontaneous. :) I'm sure he'll understand.

What Guys Said 2

• Honey, just say it honestly...no need to worry if he will reject it or accept it. If he's a good catch he will have empathy.

• By saying you think you are moving too fast. Being clear and concise is always the best approach.

What Girls Said 2

• You're not in love, this is all just a honeymoon phase.

Love takes time. This is just lust. You don't need to be physically involved to be in lust. It just means this time when you just crave each other. It's new, it's exciting, it's amazing, blah blah blah. That's not love. Love takes a decent amount of time to form. You don't fall, it's not at first sight, it takes time.

I think it's a great idea that you're getting worried because all of that is a little ridiculous. Just let him know that you're uncomfortable with all the talk of marriage and life and you'd rather just focus on the now, take things one step at a time, it's just overwhelming.

• You are not in love you are in lust, there is a difference. Why not change the topic to discuss you future careers. Don't tell him just change the topic.