Could you marry your first partner?

So guys could you marry your first girlfriend/boyfriend or do you feel you need to have experienced many partners?

• Need experience
  • I could marry my first partner.
The man I am with is not my first but I am his.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd prefer to marry my first partner. I'm not very fickle minded and I don't open to people much, so it takes a lot of effort for me to get to know ppl.

I may not have a lot of experience, I may not know what I want, but given enough time with her, I think I can get that experience and love her and myself properly.

What Guys Said 7

• Of course, how nice would it be: never have to go through the sad feelings of a break-up and see your first serious relationship lead to a happy marriage.
    Where do I need to sign haha?

• I have to admit that I did have a girlfriend before my wife, but beside kissing, I didn't do anything with her. I don't know how far you can go to still call it "your first" according to your understanding. :D

• So would you say that your wife was the first intimate relationship you had?

• Well I consider me as his first. He had a girlfriend for 3 months but it was all Internet based except meeting up a few times during a single holiday to her town which not even with her has the reason to visit the town. His brother lives there

• Then I'd say I married my first one :D

• Im definitely would! Looken forward to it.

• Theoretically of course. Yes but I'd have to be more selective than I was.

• I could marry my first girlfriend if she would be a good girl. But i think most guys do not marry their first girlfriend so it's just me.

• no but my second if she didn't went elsewhere

• No, I couldn't spend all my life only having been with one girl

What Girls Said 16

• Of course, and I am. You don't need tons of experience to know if your relationship is the real deal. Why break up with someone you want to spend the rest of your life with just because you've mever been in another relationship? People do hit the jackpot on the first try.

• of course.. some of my cousins are happily married to their first bf and some of my friends are still with their first bf. i am with my first and only bf for ages. i don't need to experience many partners. i've entertained quite a few suitors though before. my bf has only one major flaw and he is working on it and he is doing well. i'd be downgrading if i will let him go. :)

• "not downgrading" in a sense that me amd my bf is the most compatible. we share the same goals in life and our personalities compliments each other. we do not clash. it's definitely not about looks or financial status. :)

• If it feels right, it's perfect really. But only a few are lucky enough to firstly be in this position and secondly, to not think they're missing out on something.

• My first serious boyfriend ended up really hurting me. So no. I could have never married him and I also never saw us together in the long run.

• Of course i could marry him if i love him enough and if there were a lot chemistry and great memory for our relationship so yes he's the perfect man for me.

• I would prefer this.

• Of course, I'd prefer it that way actually

• I'm glad I got a little messing around before I found this guy who I'm really serious about:) it means I was better right off for him

• My first partner will be the guy I marry

• I don't think one can be certain about that unless it is an arranged marriage. By your name and pic that could be true for you. I don't think one can know for sure that the person they are going into a relationship with is the "one" when they meet them. Though some are fortunate to find they are as time moves along.

• Why should that be an arranged marriage?

And let's see it realistically: "Love" and "Being in love" are different thing. The latter one is gone sooner or later, love has a lot to do with being accustomed to another. It's a decision of will, not something that "just happens"

• Definitely not, I need to learn from past experiences in order to know what I want and don't want in a relationship. It's hasty to marry your first partner.

• I don't have a "first partner". But I think that'd be pretty awesome..To marry the first person you fall in love with!

• Yeah, I haven't had a partner yet.

• More experience for me

• definitely yes. I don't think i need any more experiencing. I can't imagine kissing and sleeping with so many different people. I think it's special to have 1, i hope he never hurts me to make me find someone else.

• That would be ideal, but not realistic to marry your first partner.

• And also the fact that some people get into relationships just to say they have

• Saying it is not realistic is generalising that everyone has to have exes. Yes they exist because we sometimes realise that we did not see the negatives when we met the person but also you could met the perfect guy in the first person you date.

• I was my ex husbands first partner. We started dating so young, and I'd only had little kiddie relationships prior to him (such as at 13/14 years old, few months).
    I knew he wished he'd gotten with others.
    In my early 20's I wished I'd been with others, but those feelings went away and I only wanted him.

• Also want to say, it felt so special and was very hard to end the marriage. I wished I could have stayed with him.