Should you get married at 20 years old? What's a good age do you think?

Im 24 and I still think I was too young to tie the knot.

Most Helpful Girl

• 20 is quite young. Now I'm not going to say it's TOO young 'cause some people are ready younger and whatnot. In my hometown it's not uncommon to get married before you hit 20. There was a girl in my graduating class who was married when she was 17.

I'm 20 - almost 21 and while I think marriage is a good idea and something that I want, I want it in like 3 years. By me, getting married in your mid 20's is getting old lol

Must be something in our water.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't think you should marry anyone until you've had a sexual relationship with them for at least 5 years.
    Anything less is a recipe for divorce.

• After 25 when you are independent and mature and you start to know more and more about what you want out of life, people, and yourself.

• I think it's too young as well.

In today's world, you don't really start growing up until around 30.

• My dad married my mom when she was 17. Only in the past decade has the state of mind that marrying before 20 has come about. I think society is being indoctrinated by the NWO to decrease the population is what I think.

What Girls Said 5

• Although i don't think there is a particular age to get married I think that 20 is really quite young.
    However personally its more about how long they have been with their partner and the quality of the relationship that they have.

• NO! I feel like people should treasure the 20's to themselves. Be selfish in those years, as in putting your happiness first. Because when you settle down, you can't be selfish anymore. I personally think a good age to get married is around late 20's to 30. That's just my opinion though

• Too young, 30 is a good age

• still too young

• I was 21 when I got married. I think it's different for everyone. My momma was just 16 and my daddy was 17 when they got married. They got married because they had a baby on the way...they will both tell you they was to young and fought all the time, this past week they have married 33 years. They made it, but it was hard. When I got married felt ready for it, was ready to move forward with my life and buy a house and have a baby! A lot of people my age wouldn't be to that point yet as to were some are. It's all depends on the couple.