Why don't you want to get married?

Hey I'm eightteen and of corse I have no interest in getting married. Actually I don't care if I ever get married. Is that weird? Now I'm not saying that if the right guy came along that I wouldn't want to get married. Still though if that did happen I wouldn't want to until I'm like 27 . I was dating a guy and I told him this and he said that we were perfect for each other but I soon figured out that he just wanted to be with someone and never get married. I've seen this in more men than women and I was wondering why they feel that way. Why don't some guys want to get married like ever? Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• I ask myself that question the other way around. Why would I get married? I'm not religious. I don't want a woman financially bound to me legally either. So what's the point? Social acceptance? I don't care about that.

I think marriage is just a reason for some people in a bad relationship to stay together anyways. They just stay together because it's too much trouble to break up, like they are imprisoned with one another.

• Hmm interesting a lot of the guys are saying the same thing. Just one more question: say THE girl came along and marriage would make her feel more secure because that's what some women feel that it does. Would oh do it then?

• If marriage was a deal breaker, then I would have to find another woman.

What Guys Said 11

• There are no benefits to marriage. You take on someone else's debt, you're pretty well forced to give up half of your stuff WHEN you get divorced and it's usually tied to religion. An all around lose for any sensible guy.

One benefit COULD be that you get to spend the "rest of your life" with someone you love but marriage is not necessary for that.

• Financial and emotional distress in the event of a divorce. Divorce rate is 50% in this country and higher in other western nations. We are actually conservative compared to the rest of the world. Crazy, right?

I think Tractorbeam said it best; most women are incapable. You said it yourself, you just don't care.

• I don't really want to get married, because I did it once before and luckily got divorced.
    Since then, it has become painfully obvious that the majority of women (about 80%) aren't suited for marriage or any long term relationship.

I might consider it if I got 5-10 years into a sexual relationship and it was still going well.

• Just look at all the questions on this site about married people's problems.. I'm happy with a house all to myself and a herim of women I can call upon when I need some sumptom sumptom. BUT I am sure if I got married really young it may have worked out pretty good. Now that I am 40 (besides the 1971 in my name) I am so set in my ways I would never be able to change my ways to make a woman happy in married life. What I am saying if your gonna get married do it before 30 so you and your hubby can get set in the same way.

• Because marriage is outdated and worthless.

• I guess I don't have a reason to get married. If I had a reason I would.

• I don't want to marry until I'm 35... There will be more young girls available and this has been my father and grandfather tradition

• If I found the right one I would. But for now , I'm alone and happy! :D

• I want to get married. Even if I will someday, I never will have children.

• Because two people don't need to have a legal contract officiated by the state to love each other.

• I do. When I find the right woman

What Girls Said 3

• The better questions are Why does anyone want to get married? Is there any reason to get married? How will marriage benefit you? Is marriage something you actually want, or something you were conditioned to do?

I don't want to get married. I never did, even as a little girl. It made no sense to me, and it still doesn't. Especially since I don't want to have children either. For my own lifestyle, my personality, and my future goals. Marriage is not a logical, or beneficial choice for ME.

This is how men and women need to look at marriage. They need to asses why they want to get married. If marriage is going to benefit them. IF they are capable of BEING married. And/or if they actually want to be married.

Many men and women simply get married because they are constantly told that they SHOULD since childhood. It is just something many people do without actually questioning the validity behind it.

Everyone isn't suited for marriage, just as everyone isn't suited to be alone. Its down to the individual. And if marriage isn't all that important to you. It's no big deal. Life has MANY MANY things to offer you besides marriage. :)

• Yea I get what your saying everyone is different like some girls can't wait to get married but I could care less and some do it for religious reasons. I've just always wondered what peoples main reasons were. Thanks for being so insightful

• I don't necessarily not want to get married, I just don't care whether or not I do. I'm not religious and have no belief in the sanctity of marriage and all that. I don't think you need a piece of paper to commit to someone, but I see why entering a contract makes people feel more secure.

If it meant a lot to the dude I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, I'd get married. If he doesn't care, then I don't mind not getting married.

I would like to wear the dress though. Can't help that girly instinct.

• Marriage is not for everyone