Would you get a prenup if you got married?

I think you all know where I stand on the subject: C.

• Yes
  • No
  • Marriage is for losers

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 24

• I think it depends on the assets both have. If there is nothing to fight over then no. But, seeing as I am older, if there is property and say retirement plans in play sure. Nothing wrong with combining, but in the event of a divorce why should one benefit and the other lose?

• This is going to sound so crazy. My husband a I do have a prenuptial agreement, on our 20th wedding anniversary we got it out and read it. Holy crap we were such assholes. According to the prenup , I could not be over 125 lbs ever and I could not ever shave my snatch bald. His end was to never ask me for children and I get all the property if things go wrong. People do change over time and im glad to see we got less childish kind of. The funny thing , money was never in question. To this day separate bank accounts his he could have mine I could have was the only thing on that whole paper that made any sense. We still keep separate accounts. And we both did keep our prenup obligations, but not on purpose. We forgot about it for years. It is now framed and hanging over our toilet.

• Awww so cool :)

• I get a bit nervous about my info. Some bad things happen to me because of my husband's job. If I'm to exact someone could easily find out who I am. Like when I was shot that made the local paper so I changed the state it happen in a its off by a year. The years from mortuary school are off a bit I don't want people looking up graduating classes, and find me.

• Crazy. Chicks reading this will not marry cops.

• No I wouldn't. I'm against the idea of divorce anyway; the only way I ever would is if my husband was hurting me or the kids. Even if I found out he was cheating on me or something awful, I'd try to work it out.

• I've gone back and forth on this for awhile but decided that yeah, it's a good idea. Already have it lined up!

Gotta be real about this. I'm marrying a guy from another country so I don't want him to just up and take the kids back home or something if it ever comes to that.

• lol ya I've heard of just that happening too.

• Heh maybe. That's just what I heard tho lol.

• Ya, just craziness lol.

• Yes I don't care how much we love one another, we gotta be logical here, we never know the future, things can change, people change. Cause it could go either way if we get a prenup, we could remain happy in marriage forever and never need the prenup or we get divorced and it eliminates the drama to figure out everything at once right there and then

• yea plus if we are so in love and we have things down on paper, he is more likely to be nicer about the arrangements ;) smart girl here. Plus he'll be looking out for himself too. Less decisions. Gosh and just because we get a prenup doesn't mean we are already deciding a divorce lol

• I agree :)

• I don't think I'll ever get married. But hypothetically, it totally depends on our financial situation. If either of us happens to be super rich (more so than the other) then yeah, I wouldn't mind getting a prenup. It's just thinking realistically.

• Option C is for people like us

• Nah, I don't think it's for losers. My parents aren't losers :P I just don't think it's for me. But that depends. Maybe I'll find someone I want to marry, maybe I won't. But for the time being, I don't think so.

• I used to think they were bad but I would do one now. It's a little like a business plan and people should answer some of those questions anyways before they tie the knot.

• I don't plan on getting married, so this will never be an issue lol.

• Yes.
    I'm not rich so if I marry somebody richer, yes but I only get anything if he cheats. If we both decide to separate amicably then I shouldn't get anything.
    If he's poor, then same thing.

• It is very interesting to see others' opinions here haha :) I didn't know about the prenup because it is not common in Korea and I haven't heard about it even from my Canadian friends who got married :D.
    I think if my fiance asks me to have one then I would but I think it would be ok without it.

• Yes. My family has a lot of money because of my grandparents and I would wanna chance it lol

• nope i wouldn't

• You only need a pre nup if you are a millionaire.

• I would like to say no gut I can't. I would definitely get a prenup.

• Yes, if there is a lot of assets involved. It is only smart to do so, considering that most relationships fail.

• um no can't see why i should

• It depends on things. I'm going with not sure.

• no. how else am i going to run off with all the money? ;)

• i wouldn't but depends on the guy really

• no.i do not like it/

• I don't like the idea of prenup and marriage if it is just for papers or no freedom sake.. if its sacred and deeper than that, no prenup, just sacred marriage (maybe in future i will with the right man having same perception as mine because for now I don't see myself married and doesn't like what's happening in reality as to how people view and live with it).

• No I want to marry

• No cause I don't have anything to lose. I feel like orenups are only for the wealthy

• sure why not...

What Guys Said 7

• Darn I meant to say yes. scratch one vote there (technically) but I'm kinda both but much more on the prenup side.

• I would not. To me, that would show me that she had reservations about our relationship that we wouldn't be able to work out. It's a way out.

• You just became a target for a lot of women here :)

• i like your way of thinking honestly

• I like my way of thinking too :-P

• Really, really depends.

I'm involved in a startup on the side. It has real potential and has already been valued by one VC at literally a hundred times what we put into the business (other than our sweat capital).

And I'm getting married next year.

She knew me before the business came along. So I'm fairly certain, she doesn't want me for the money. But if I was already rich? Who knows? Also, a huge consideration for a prenup would be control of my company. Would not my shares to pass to any spouse in a divorce. Particularly if it's a controlling stake. Prenup needed in those circumstances.

In my particular case, I have decided I don't want a prenup from her.

• Dude. Just get one, just in case. Thank me 5 years from now.

• Hamilton. Oh noess! That explains the no-marriage rule! :-P

My fiancee is actually from London. She hates the place. LOL.

My military career has taken me all over the country. Met people from everywhere. So now I'm happy to have a nice girl to snuggle with at home.

But to each their own!

• Ya I hear London is all hicks. Hamilton is ok. Lots of nurses running around :)

• If one of us has significantly more money I think it makes sense. I've talked to a lot of people that have said their spouse never fucked them so hard until after divorce. Still a prenup won't protect against what you make after marriage if one of you is much more ambitious.

• The only real key is never marry :)

• Yeah tbh I don't really like the government being involved. For people that have no money or wealth sure there's little point in a pre nup.

• If i was bringing a hell of a lot more into a relationship absolutley

but good fucking luck talking your wife into signing it. She'll pull some card like "trust" or "you expect a divorce" or some bullshit like that

but she can bring up the idea of a prenup np and it's just expected

yeah... Just don't get married

• Nah, if I were to commit to someone they would have to be pretty damn special, so I'd trust them. I would have no problem signing a prenup if they wanted to though

• I know a lot of old men and all they ever do is complain about their wives. Not a chance in hell I'd ever get married. Not in America at least.

• I don't blame ya. The quality of women in the US is piss poor. I seriously keep bumping into women who are either coming from abusive relationships, having kids in their early 20's even, living on state assistance, and sitting there bitching about the apparent "lack of quality men" out there.

• I don't really consider myself anti-government, but I think marriage is one area where America could use less government. I don't think men in Russia and China, Brazil, etc get taken to court by their wives as much as men in America.