Anyone else feel like they could get married tomorrow, or just skip a few years till your partner proposes?

So just wondering if anyone else feels the same? I haven't been with my partner long, it's only been 1yr but it feel like I'm ready to spend the rest of my life with him, I just won't to skip to the day he asked me to marry him, why can't life go faster sometimes :/ anyone else feel like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally believe in waiting a long time. Like a minimum of five years. It's easy to get caught up in the strong emotions and excitement of a new romance. But the fact is that it usually takes a few years for the shine to wear off someone before you start realizing that you can't stand them, haha.

I've been with my gf 7 years, we're not married or even engaged. Some people look at us like we're crazy, but what's the big deal? We're committed to each other, we do everything that a married couple would do, we just want to do the wedding right when we can afford to and we're in the right place. And if we never got married, I don't think it would make a difference, that's just a ceremony that girls get jacked up for since they were children. Just a big formality that costs a lot of money, the girl is the star of the show, and the dude just kind of shows up for, haha.

Probably not the romantic response you were looking for, but I've just seen this movie 1,000 times before. Divorce courts are full of people who got caught up in first-year infatuation and rushed into marriage. That's not to say you guys would definitely be one of them, just sayin' in general. You're ready to get married when you know you'd stick through the worst imaginable things happening to your S.O., when she comes home from the doctor telling you she has breast cancer, may need a mastectomy and will generally be in a fight for her life. When he gets in a terrible car accident and will be in a wheelchair the rest of his life and require constant care for the simplest of human functions. These are real life things that CAN happen and most people don't consider when they want to lock up that chick who gives great BJs, or the dude that can play you John Mayer songs on his guitar. Obviously these are extreme examples, but it illustrates what I'm getting at. True love is rare, and I think people need to be more careful and objective when deciding that they want to spend their lives with someone.

• I totally understand where you are coming from because I feel the same what I mean is I want to skip to a few years later and be

• I gotcha. Well, hey, that's awesome, I wish you guys all the best and it's great that you've found someone that makes you so happy!

What Guys Said 4

• You have no idea. I feel the same way and I'm probably doing worse than you Cuz I can't see her as often as I like now.

What encourages me though is spending my entire life with her and that is longer than now. We don't have to have children too. Just she and me together.
    This is life. We have to go through it. It will all be worth the wait. One day you will never regret it :)
    This is what encourages me

• Yeah I don't see my partner much cause he is fly in fly out but we talk about when we will marry and where we will live when we have kids. I just can't wait, I want to be there now haha

• Haha. You want to have kids so soon? I'm going to marry but have kids 5 years later at least

• You love birds, hopefully it is more than infatuation wish you the best. I can't imagine being married honestly. I need more time.

• Haha maybe u haven't found the right one yet xD

• Nah you were lucky she didn't married you. Good thing she's out of your life. You will find someone better bro. Don't get any of the reject ones. Find someone who really admires and respect you.

• Thank you and so do I and I think it's more cause I've never felt this way about anyone before

• No partner yet, also if I had one, I would like to be more financially stable to support her

• Tomorrow I can if she was willing

What Girls Said 5

• nah im not in that place atm and I'm not ashamed to admit that. i still need time, but good for u tho:)

• No, I want to enjoy every minute and I'm in no hurry to get married. Life flies by too quickly as is!! No need to rush it more.

• Most days I feel like this too and we've only been together 6 months lol

• No. My boyfriend and I are committed and in love, with or without a paper to validate that. I'm in no rush to get one. I don't mean to be contrary, but I don't understand why anyone would want to rush into marriage.

• I wanted to marry my ex day 1. He asked after a month. I said yeah. But then he started dabbling in drugs and got crazy and he's in jail now. So when he gets out...in 2020. I'm all his. But I'm dating in the meantime so maybe I'll marry someone before he gets out. But he's crazy so hell probably murder whoever I marry. it's complicated.

• Wow O.o
      Thats some love story to make a movie of

• Yeah. He's just more intense now

• And he's in NA