Guys do you really think it's very expensive or not?

My fiance buy a engagement ring for me from Tiffany and i didn't know the price of the ring until i searched on the Internet and i found it! It was 11,000 so do you think it's very expensive or not?

Most Helpful Guy

• wow man that's expensive to me (but then again I'm a poor college student) i mean if i had the funds to realistically spend that much I don't see why i wouldn't buy it, but i don't know if I'd ever be able to buy a ring worth that much, maybe 3 or 4 grand would be the most I'd ever be able to realistically spend.

What Guys Said 40

• That's ridiculous if he did. Exception being that's what he makes in one pay check at work...meaning he's rich.

If he isn't well it's kinda irresponsible. As newly weds, You don't think 11k$ could be better spent on a home, savings for when you two have kids?

• Reminds me of this Steel Panther song:

Don't you go buyin' her dinner
    Don't you buy her Gucci shoes
    If it comes down to you or a pile of cash I can tell you what she's gonna choose
    The girl's gotta have 22 inch rims On her brand new Mercades Benz
    She's gonna suck all the money from your bank account
    Then she'll fuck all your friends
    She'll do a gangbang with your friends, yeah

She's a gold-digging whore
    She's a gold-digging whore
    She's a gold-digging whore

Don't you go saying you love her
    That's something that you're gonna regret
    She's gonna take you for a ride and then she'll bury your ass
    Underneath a mountain of debt
    So don't you go calling her sweetheart
    Or giving her a big old rock
    You're gonna turn around and catch her at the whisky bar
    Sucking George Clooney's cock
    Then you'll be in for a shock

She's a gold-digging whore
    But at least you'll wanna fuck her some more She's a gold-digging whore
    She's a gold-digger
    She's a gold-digger
    Watch her bank account get bigger and bigger
    She's a gold-digger
    She's a gold-digger
    Fucking all the white guys and all the Persians
    She's a gold-digging whore
    There's a half a dozen girls you could be dating
    But this one's gonna ruin your credit rating

G-O-L-D D-I-G-G-I-N-G W-H-O-R-E (I love you baby)
    G-O-L-D D-I-G-G-I-N-G W-H-O-R-E
    Everybody knows she's a gold-digging whore
    She's a gold-digging whore
    She's a cum guzzlin' sperm burpin' yellow belly money grubbin'
    Making your wallet sore

She's a gold-digging whore
    You can find her at the Prada store
    She's a gold-digging whore

She's a gold-digger
    She's a gold-digger
    Just like all the others hanging out at the bar
    She's a gold-digger
    She's a gold-digger
    Only 98% of the stinky ones are
    She's a gold-digging whore
    Just like your mom S
    he's a gold-digging whore
    Let me hear you retards spell it out
    G-O-L-D-D-I-G-G-I-N-G-W-H-O-R-E

http://www.captionite.com/c/2013/3/6/39536967.jpg

• If he's a millionaire it's normal.
    If he's a millionaire... If he has a normal paycheck it's exorbitantly expensive.

• I think if a female is appreciative of a ring the cost shouldn't matter, Butttt...
    if she's searching for this ring on the internet ( or at tiffany's website or any other website ) then she would seem to be absorbed in the cost for some reason. which she shouldn't be, if he paid 2k dollars as an example then she should except it or not, she shouldn't be looking to see how much it cost.

by the way, there's no actual way to look on the internet to match a ring someone else has, all diamonds are different even if it may be the same size. there's different qualities in diamonds, there is color, there is weight, there's the cut, there's a bunch of possibilities that makes the value of a diamond the value. also when you buy a diamond they tell you its worth more than your paying.. and why would they sell someone a diamond cheaper than what its worth?

im not saying the value of your diamond is not that value, what im saying is you can't look it up on the internet and say.. that's my diamond its worth this much. that's what im saying because the diamond on the internet is worth that much apparently and no two diamonds are exactly alike.

• It's expensive, and considering it's Tiffany's, he probably paid a large premium for the brand.
    I got my solitaire ring that was very good quality internally from a wholeseller.

$8000 for a 1.21 ct solitaire. I'd expect a Tiffany diamond costing $11,000 to be just around 1 ct. or less.

Unless your ring is unique or a rare Tiffany design, it's not worth buying the simple solitaire rings with a Tiffany setting. Nobody can distinguish where it came from.

• If you don't know whether $11,000 is expensive or not, you should get a job and find out.

• Why would you ask this question? Obviously it's expensive, whether a person can afford it easily or not. The average person on GAG isn't filthy rich and even a rich person that can afford it easily and be willing to buy would admit that it's expensive. I'm not hating on either of you for buying or accepting, just find it ridiculous that you would ask GAGers here if they thought this was expensive or not. I have a feeling your sole intention of this question was just showing off because if you really cared about how expensive your engagement ring was, you'd have the common sense to know $11,000 is expensive. Nothing wrong with wearing expensive stuff, I tend to spend a lot too but your question screams "hey, look at me. my fiance is rich and so am I now".

• I will never compare the financial cost with the emotional value :)

• This is from Tiffany & Co's website

" Tiffany Pricing Parameters
    Because every diamond is unique, each with its own precise gemological characteristics, pricing will vary. Price is based on color, clarity and carat weight and is subject to change and availability. A broader selection of carat weights is available.

Of all gem-quality diamonds, only a fraction ever meet Tiffany’s strict quality requirements. Tiffany diamond engagement rings are offered from $1,500 to over $1,000,000. A Tiffany & Co. sales professional will be pleased to work within your budget. "

So based on this scale its not the most expensive, but for some poor sod its a good chunk of change.

• dude that's so fucking expensive!!!

• The last thing I got from my ex was a pygmy puff from Harry Potter studio tour lol :(

• I don't know but i think it's important to be beautiful like... 😦😦😦😦😦!

• hahahaha that's funny.

• it's pretty expensive but clearly he could afford it. certainly a bit more than I spent.

Is it a nice ring? why are you concerned with how much he spent?

• Because it's really beautiful ring and i thought it's just a normal ring i didn't realise that he buy it from Tiffany until i found it 😨😨😨
      I'm just shocked i mean he used to buy expensive gifts for me but i honestly didn't expect 11,000 $ for my ring

• well first. Congrats!!!

and I think men figure it's something you'll have forever and they want you to understand just how important you are to them. it doesn't necessarily mean that the ring must be huge but if you can afford it I think it's worth it... my fiancé still gushes over the ring I bought her. It makes me indescribably happy to know she likes it so much.

• That's really amazing 💖 🙌

• Depends on what he makes/has.

Personally that is ludicrous to me.
    I simply can't afford it and to be honest if I could, I wouldn't.

But if I may ask: what is more important to you: the price, how we feel about it or if YOU are happy with it?

I much rather would have seen you post a pic and ask if we think it is beautiful... Not wether we think it is expensive...

• If he's so rich I'd question why he didn't buy you a $20,000 ring. Seems shady, he might be cheating.

• Because he told me that there's a beautiful surprise for me in our wedding i won't ever expect it or even think about it so 11,000 nothing to him

• That's too expensive for me.

• Even for your dream girl?

• I don't understand why anybody buys diamonds at Tiffany's. They're known for being the most expensive jeweler (arguably in the world), so why would anyone want to go there for a diamond?

Makes so much more sense to me to go to a local jeweler where you can get the same size diamond for a lesser price. That would be my approach to the process.

• If you love someone you will do anything for him/her that's why
      Money doesn't mean anything when you you try to make your lover happy.

• Yes too expensive i paid over $200 .00 for my ex-girlfriends ring who
    was engaged for 5 days and broke it off with me not by my choice

• Outrageously expensive. There are people starving in the world.

He's really trying to lock that shit down.

• It really depends on what you are worth!! I mean the money isn't matter much as long as he loves you from the bottom of his heart..Thats something priceless.

• Not for the woman he loves,

• Well, for one, you can't buy love, and it looks like that is what is most important to you, and I made that judgement based off this post. $11,000 is not much less than the average American employee makes a year in minimum wage, and I think you have a twisted view on what love is. If you think buying things, trivial things such as rings, diamonds etc... is love, than I feel sorry for you... At the end of the day you should realize that this is just my opinion, and don't let my opinion ruin your day...

• Anyway I'm not that kind of girls who love someone for his money or because he can buy things for me!
      That's the last thing i can think about!
      About my ring i just want to know the price, just a (Curiosità) and i just wanted to know guys is opinion nothing more than that
      And I'm ready to stay with my lover for rest of my life even if he was poor or rich! It doesn't matter to me because i know what love means
      So you're just rude because you talked with me with that way
      Enjoy your day 🙌🙌🙌.

• because you refuse to see it in his eyes

• 11,000 what pesos? IN U.S dollars that's alot. My buddy dropped $5000 dollars U.S and that's considered quite a bit too.

• Like I told you yes it is expensive and you are totally worth it! :)

• Way too expensive. But if he has money like that, then its cool. And since he does have money like that, im assuming that he is definitely a decent amount older than you. And since your 18-24, i take it as he is just "buying you out". If your ok with that, then fine. Do you.

• Woooow!!!
      1- He's just 22 years and I'm 19
      2- He didn't buy me by that ring because we love each other for over 5 years
      3- He come from a very rich family that's why he have all that money.

• Because when your 19 you think you been through stuff in life to understand what life is. Thats all. You think your gonna be in love forever, but in reality, it may only last 6 years. Its just life. You will change who you are, do things you thought you would never do, meet people you thought youd never meet, he will do the same. Im just saying you can't predict like at 19 when you barely fresh out of high school. 6 years is nothing. 14-19, that is nothing. Not saying or trying to invalidate you in any way shape or form. Im just saying so far from my experience, every person 1t 19 thinks their "in love", and years later their divorced. Im just trying to be real thats all, so live life wisely.

• I won't lose anything anyway! 😉

• TF? If he has the money i mean.. But it is a lot, supposedly your suppose to spend a months salary on the engagement ring and anywhere from 3-6 months worth on the wedding ring

• He have money so 11,000 doesn't mean anything to him
      For me I'm still shocked 😨😨😨😨

• Haha yeah now that i think of it
      Normal persons thoughts "oh my god he's rich! Is that a helicopter?"

Me- "ass hole you could of told me before i showed up in a t-short and shorts!"

• Hahaha you're funny 😂🙌

• Yes that's very expensive. You lucky girl, ahah

• I love him more than that ring

• ♫ Square-cut or pear-shaped, these rocks don't lose their shape. Diamonds are a girl's best friend...♫

• Yeah that's true but i swear I really love him more than any diamonds or jewelry 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

• it is pretty expensive but that shouldn't define his love of you unless you want to be treated like a whore.

• Girl, that ain't expensive!!!

• I hope you buy him a nice expensive car because damn thats a lot of money lol.

• Thats insane. Unless he just won the lottery thats ridiculous

• Completely depends how much money he makes.

• Its his money, just shows he clearly loves you a lot :)

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 27

• thats a bit too expensive. it seems like a waste to spend that much on anyone. thats stupid of him if he rather spend that much on a ring than on a vacation with you. its just a ring!
    how does that even make sense? the bigger the stone, the more you're worth? so money can buy love? nupe! >:[

• It's enough for me that he take me with him to vines to express his love to me when we met!
      And he used to buy expensive gifts for me that was even before i know that he's rich so money is not everything here.😣😣😣

• WOAH, yeah that's very expensive in my opinion. I wouldn't want to wear a ring that expensive, I'd be afraid of it getting damaged, or stolen, or getting judged on such a huge rock by other people. I'm sure it's a really nice ring though and that you love it. I love the ring my fiance bought for me, but I know he didn't spend a whole lot of money on it.

• I thought it was only 1,000 $ but when i found out that it's 11,000$ i become very shocked 😨
      The point is if you really love your ring that's all what matters 😉😍

• Can you link us to the actual picture on the Tiffany website? I love looking at rings lmao :D

• Honestly, if my BF spent that much money on a ring, I would be scared shitless to wear it, because I'd be paranoid of losing something so expensive.

I would ask him to take it back and invest that money into a business or something, haha.

• Well...compared to the amount of money my engagement ring cost...which was about $55...I'd say yes...that's extremely expensive...I could only dream of having a nice ring like that, lol...you're a lucky gal!

• 11 000 USD, Euro, GBP, AUD... ? makes a difference what currency it's in.

But ya generally speaking it's a lot. And you're only 19, I'm jealous. How did you two meet?

• A ring should cost 3 months income (before taxes) so base it off of that, was it or was it not expensive lol

• He's rich so didn't care about money but that's really expensive i was like this 😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨 when i know about the price of the ring 💍

• Whether it cost 11 dollars or 11 thousand dollars, just focus more on the way he treats you. If that's good...then hey, you got a sweet ring out of the deal too as a bonus.

• You're absolutely right 🙌💖

• Gurrrrrlllll your so lucky! I'm jealous haha! I worked in a jewelry store for a while and he must of got you a nice cut diamond to with little to no inclusions lucky you! :)

• that's so cool did you also work with used rings

do you have a friend in the diamond business?

• Yes I would of been too! That's so awesome haha show that rock off! Hahaha

• Hahaha 😃🌼

• Oh my that's pricey, I would have been so pissed if my husband spent that much on jewelry. But to each their own. Congratulations Happy engagement!!

• That's actually not bad for an engagement ring from Tiffany

• Yeah but it's still a shock to figure out that your ring price is 11,000 $

• If he's willing to buy it and it won't out him in the poor house, then why not? He loves you and wants you to have a beautiful ring. He sounds like a very nice, sweet, considerate guy

• Yeah
      He's so gentle and romantic 😍💖🌼

• ...Woah.

Yes...yes that's expensive. I'd probably kill my fiance if he bought something that expensive for me.

But hey. If you like it, don't fret about it :)

• Yep that is pricey. I don't know if I would want my man to spend that much on a ring but that's great for you :)

• i'd say that's average

• Utterly expensive. You got yourself a keeper. Though, if my future fiance got me that, I'll feel so guilty and bad. If I lost it, I'll rather die than tell him. You must make it part of your body xD

• Don't worry honey i won't lose it for rest of my life. 🙌🙌🙌

• It could be a fake Tiffany ring. It didn't necessarily mean its real. My sister had fake Tiffany earring, sure went to the store to prove its worth, and it was worth a little

• I asked about it and it's really 11,000 $ it's not fake honey 🌼💞

• But i wouldn't wear a ring like that especially how dangerous the streets are. Just know your love isn't bought by material things but by his uttermost love through BOTH his lips and action. Its only natural for him to cherish you like a queen, but you also have to think about how he's managing his money and what would work long term. Just because someone is rich does not mean they deserve to buy u expensive things. Anyways best of luck

• He's wise, modest, intelligent, gentle, very charming, he knows how he plans for our future together 😃😃😃😃

• Yeah, but it's gorgeous ring I bet.

My boyfriend's sister's husband bought her a 11K ring. And it's huge, fucking gorgeous, shiny motherfuckin' ring.

• Are you serious? You can help the others with this money like i do.

• Naah, depends on how rich he is. If he is rich then it's not expensive at all.

• You're rich
      I asked this question because my friends freaked out when i told them about the price 😐 😐
      And they told me it's very expensive 😦

• Aha, then I don't get why you or your friends are schocked. If he is rich 11k is nothing for him.

• We were shocked because he didn't show himself as a rich guy you think he's normal because he have a great personality that's one of the reasons 😃

• I can't believe you even checked how much it was.

• Why does the price concern you if you care about said guy it shouldn't have ross your mind to look for the price.

• Yes it is veery expensive but maybe he thought that , that is the perfect ring for you!

• That's pretty pricey. Lucky you:)

• Maybe he got it from the black market.

• It totally depends on his income. To some that is average, to some that is a lot. To fewer that is not much.

• You can say he's rich so that's why he didn't care about the price 😐😐

• Yes that pretty expensive.