Are you happy your parents got divorced?

My parents divorce was a long time coming, but I was happy after it finally happened.

Are you happy your parents got divorced, or would you rather they'd stayed together? Are your parents currently together, but you think they should get a divorce?

Most Helpful Girl

• My parents are together. They've been married for almost 30 years. Sometimes I don't understand their marriage or what is holding them together. They're so opposite from one another in every regard. And not in an opposites attract way, but in a way where it just doesn't make sense to me

What Girls Said 10

• half and half. i had to visit them both of them often and they would always ask, who treats you better? me right? who do you like more? what are they up to now?
    i had to freaking lie most of the time and say what they wanted to hear. annoying.
    but i liked the freedom to go wherever i want. all i had to say was that im at the other house hahaha

• My parents are still married. But, if one day they got divorced… I would understand. My dad is a very rude man. Even though, I've never been close with him, my mom stands by his side because behind his… hard shell. He's very, quote on quote, hardworking, and has given both of us everything we could have ever imagined.

• That's how it was with me too. There's no way I'd marry my dad.

• There is no way I would marry my dad either. But their are qualities of my father that I would want my partner to have. For example, I would like my partner to have his passion, determination, his hard work attitude. But I could live without his emotionless, and rude facade. For a long time, my mom was my everything because I never saw my dad. And she still is despite her wanting me to be closer to my dad.

I know how he is, and i know how i am. And the fact that we have almost the same temper and different ideals, we just stay out of each others way.

• Well I was 11 and I wasn't really sure what was going on, I just know my dad got tired of my mom being disabled, so he cheated on her...then when he left, he told me to my face that he never wanted to see me again...

• I never had a good relationship with my dad. I was really relieved the day he moved out. My brothers, however, were much more upset than I was (Dad singled me out because I'm a girl) so I felt badly for my brothers.

• Yes. I knew though my parents loved each other, they were terrible together. They were able to live a separate life happily.

• My parents are currently together but I know they fucking hate each other. I would be really happy for them if they got a divorced because I know they deserve a chance with real love :)

• Not really. . . but it was what's best for both of their well being so, it is what it is.

• My parents are still together but they'd be much better off divorced (as would my sisters and I).

• Yes it was for the best they both have some strong personalities and they would be clashing, even though they never fought in front of me...arguments they now sound back.

• I was very happy when my parents got divorced. They were the definition of a toxic relationship.

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah, kind of lol. I know it sounds wrong, but my dad just wasn't able to support 5 kids. He's still on welfare, and his house is a shit-hole. My mom on the other hand, is getting +$15/hour, and lives in a nice (but modest) 3 bedroom rented house. I moved in with her, after the split. There where other reasons as well, (drama due to difference of faith between me and my family except my mom, and more jobs near her) but to be honest the better living conditions had a major impact on my decision. I sound like such a shallow douche... -_- to be fare though, now that I have a job, I'll probably help my dad and sisters out.

• That is rough man. $15 an hour is not very much for even one person to live on, let alone 6.

Best of luck to you.

• Yeah, fortunately the living cost in both places is pretty low, so it's turned out not super horrible for my dad or my mom.

• Those two are better off on separate hemispheres. How they managed to keep it together as long as they did is a complete mystery to me.

• I was at the time when I was 7. Because my dad was always angry and he would smack me lol.

But now I realise how much of a struggle a one adult house can be so I rather they stayed now.