How long does it take for a guy to realize a girl he likes is someone he sees himself marrying?

I know 2 couples who all met at the same time and ended up dating. Couple A, the guy knew he wanted to marry her less than 3 months of meeting and dating her. So he popped the question at about 8 months of dating, and they just got married. Couple B, he proposed not long after Couple A's wedding.

There's another couple they're all mutual friends with who have been dating for a few years (I want to say 3), but he hasn't asked her to marry him.

So what is that makes a guy start talking marriage? Or is it something he starts to think about before dating a girl after he hits a certain age?

Most Helpful Guy

• It would take me 5 years of good relationship, before I'd ever trust a woman enough to marry her.I have been married before, and I know the risks.
    I'm fully aware that a woman's love usually wears off within 4 years, and there's nothing she can do about it.I'm also aware that it has nothing to do with how well her man treats her, how sexy he is or whatever.I know that in 50% of cases, the sex stops at about that time.

There is no way that I'd take a chance of marrying her just before that happens.

• That's understandable. With your ex-wife, how long were you dating before you considered marrying her?

What Guys Said 1

• It all depends on type of guy you got.. But if you don't mind me asking you couple questions

• You have questions for me? Sure, go ahead.

What Girls Said 1

• It all depends on the couple. Some guys are fast acting with everything they do, but that doesn't mean they rush into marriage. It depends on if he takes marriage seriously or not.