Should I become a housewife or will I regret it in the future?

My boyfriend and I are planning to marry and I am thinking to be a housewife as I cannot get a good job and struggling to breakthrough in the career I want to persue. I have been told that I am overconfident and opinionated and cannot gel with people at times and feel that this costs me interviews and I cannot land jobs. I am also a perfectionist and feel that these are some of my shortcomings that make it hard for me to progress. Have large outstanding student loan and cannot pay off to finish final year of my degree? I have a baby (9month old) who needs my love and attention and maybe I should just be a mom to her and be a housewife and just accept the situation for now.
I dont know how long I will remain a housewife should I decide to, maybe it will be a temporary or permanent decision. Will I regret it if I end up doing it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on why you want a career. I don't like most career oriented people. They seem like snobs that strive for a reason to look down on others that follow a different path. They never actually seem happy to me, because they aren't doing what they love, but are instead doing what society taught them they need to do, so they won't feel ashamed of being a worthless person. If that is your reason you want a career, I suggest you work on how you define your value as a person.

The people that strive for a career, that really have a calling or passion for what they do, tend to be far more pleasant and happy. If this is your reason then I would suggest that you keep up your efforts to get into the career of your choosing.

There is also the possibility that you could find happiness in a different job path, that give plenty of time for your child. Such as someone suggested starting your own company from home.

• Thanks so much. I realy love your comment. Its very motivating.
      Not to value myself in terms of where I should have been and feel bad that I am less than I should be.
      Or feel like Im disappointing overachieving friends and family or that they love me less.

I just have to redifine myself and value what i am over what should have been. At the same time keep on looking for work and explore other options.

What Guys Said 7

• well there is no rule that once you are a housewife you have to stay a housewife

so you could stay home and work on looking for a job for a while.

• I guess so, there isn't a rule that I should be home for good. I just feeling like giving up because I was let down by a job I was sure I would get and that I nailed the interview.
      Plus I hate being idle. But I will keep looking while at home.

• housewife until kid is in school, until them work on resume building on the weekends and nights of something.

• I can't imagine a better, more rewarding job than raising your own child into a happy, well adjusted adult.

• Based on what you said, you should stay home and just start a home business. Test out that confidence.

• Lol... Not that confident. But will think about it.

• You should just go for housewife, you could always change. Hey, it's easier in the end.

• marry rich if ur going to. he better be extremely rich

• Be a mother for now, the first 2-3 years are extremely important for healthy mental child development. If you run of to work for some cooperation, who doesn't give a damn about you instead of caring for your child, you will forever regret it.

Try this, care for your child, be a mother and housewife for now.

Once the child is older, try together to pay off your debt.

In the meantime maybe you can try to wright books or something, work from home.
    The woman who wrote the Twilight series was also a full time mother.
    But please don't write about sparkling zombies or something.

Keep your husband and child happy and care for them, support them.

When your child goes to school you will have much more free time, you can start a career or your own business then and you will have management skills from managing your household.

Be a mother, listen to your instincts.

What Girls Said 2

• In a permanent sense, you will regret it if your career really matters to you. But since you already have a small baby who needs your attention you should probably concentrate on her for now. And later when you think that you have overcome your shortcomings you can try for a job.
    Raising a child might also make you a more patient person. You can work on your problems while staying at home.

• Be a housewife while still trying to get your foot in the door on your career. You it's a waist of schooling if your not going to do anything with it. Yes your baby needs you, but he/she live you either way.