Marriage: Would you be ready to marry your SO if you were a vegetarian and SO was non-vegetarian? (Also take the vice versa situation)

Do give some reasoning for your answer :)
As for me, my probable SO has to be a non vegetarian since I love my fish and meat too much to sacrifice it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a vegetarian, so I can say firsthand how tough it is to have a non-vegetarian social circle (which is, ok, almost everybody I know). In a way, it's harder to share a meal with them since wherever we hang out has to have an eatery with vegetarian options. That's probably because my culture isn't vegan-friendly though, and my friends still insist on eating together with me.

So yeah, tough. A non-vegan SO would be even tougher. But you know what? As long as they respect me for who I am (i.e. not asking me to cook meat, being willing to shop and eat vegan or even free-range & organic occasionally), I'll be happy. After all, a relationship is about mutual respect.

What Girls Said 5

• that would be something i would be able to accommodate. my SO and i have different food tastes (not vegetarian vs not) but we do make different foods sometimes and its usually not too bad of a task. If i care about the person, food is such a minor thing.

• Wouldn't matter to me either way as long as they didn't try to force their vegetarianism on me. I eat meat but it's my least favorite of the food groups (after dairy) so I would enjoy plenty of pasta, veggie, and fruit dishes with them. Whenever I have a craving for meat I can just cook it on the side for me :)

• I'm not vegetarian, but I have to be gluten-free and lactose-free for health reasons. My family, friends and past relationships were all accommodating. If my future SO was vegetarian I would be fine with that too. Heck, I might even try and become one myself.

• I'm not a vegetarian and would be fine dating a vegetarian so long as they didn't project it on me. It would complete meals, etc sometimes, but I don't eat heaps of meat anyway so it's not a massive problem.

Veganism would be too extreme for me though.

• yes as long as they were ok with my decision

What Guys Said 0