Yes or no to sex before marriage?

What's your opinion? You can justify your opinions.

I believe there are still a few who would want to save their preciousness until marriage.

Most Helpful Girl

• NO, because sex is very precious! You dont want to give your first time to someone who might leave you in the end. it's not worth it like that.

What Guys Said 15

• Yes, i'm non religious so marriage to me is nothing more than a legal representation of a relationship and there's no guarantee that just because you married someone that they wouldn't leave you, it also makes a relationship hard to stay in because so many people now have sex before marriage that waiting for someone isn't something a lot of people will do for someone they just met. I also don't rate sex that highly, it's enjoyable and a way to procreate... but it's not the be all and end all of everything.

• I say yes, but it depends on the person. Having had sex I know how it can change the status quo of a relationship. Some people can live with having one sexual partner their whole lives and that's great, but I would advise some exploration before you settle down.

• My opinion, as well as many I have talked to about it.=
    Unless you have some religious reason not to, you should do it.
    Sex is an important part of the relationship and if you are somehow incompatible sexually, there is little chance that you or your other is going to be happy.
    For example, I guy I know married a girl that didn't like giving oral sex.
    For the last 5 years, he has complained quite vocally that he doesn't get blown.
    I asked why he got with this girl and he said he had hoped she would come around, but she never did.This is a major deficiency in his love life, causing discontent.

• Someone would need to justify why you would have sex before marriage. Religious reasons are the usual culprits. Too bad they are throwing away a great aspect of their life for the sake of their belief that an alleged deity is petty enough to care about their sex life.

• Yes. In my opinion you can love someone as much as humanly possible but sex with her still doesn't work out somehow. I don't want to find that out only after we have married.

• Its a bit like agreeing on a fight to death before you know how strong your opponent is.

• Religion is but joke: Humans are born "free" right? In fact no one is free funnily enough...

Religion (Christianity, Islam et al) prevents you from doing stuff you want to do, doesn't it - and for what sake? that you can go to a place called Heaven?

Sex is what makes us mammals, but most of all human beings; it's something to be embraced, after the age of consent - obviously.

Like Frank Sinatra once sung: "Love and marriage [...], goes together like a horse and carriage" - Sex before marriage shouldn't be frowned on, or prohibited.

• I think that if that is made as a concious decision its difficult cos say you got it wrong? beliefs and religion should always be respected but should never have any bearing on our own emotions or actions!

• I think people make marriage out to be more than it really is.

That being said, I think people have sex more often than they should (look at all the fatherless children in the world).

• Marriage is a huge step in any relationship, and sex is a major part of any relationship - both of your statements have truly flabbergasted me.

• Happy to oblige.

• I'm myself confused about this. Most probably I won't have sex, unless we both see a possibility of getting married in the future.

• To each their own. For me a yes.

• Well Why not?

• You should wait until your completely ready, you don't really have to be married, just know the person well enough that people would think your married.

• Yes but you should wait until you are ready.

• Always have sex before marriage why would you wait what happens if you never get married at all?

• Yes. I wouldn't wait

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, sex before. (I'm not remotely religious)

If you're going to really consider a future someone, u have to see if you're compatible on *every* level (including sexual). Plus, I think sex can definitely make two people feel closer. When I'm in love with someone I want every single part of them and want to indulge them. There's nothing shameful or taboo about it. It's just expression.

Besides, life is meant to be enjoyed, and sex is one of most awesome, enjoyable things you can do (esp with the right person)!!

• Yes.
    Grew up in the Christian Church and I understand the meaning and its importance. But personally seems like a control thing. In a religious context, people have free will. To each is own.

• I agree with you. ^^

• No. I'm religious.

• Sex after Marriage... it's not candy that your can just give away