Ladies, If you were dating a guy and he asked you to marry him and gave you a beautiful large diamond?

You've been dating this guy and know he loves you. He has a romantic spot that he takes you to and asks you to marry him and gives you a beautiful diamond ring. But you're not sure if you want to marry him or have a future...how do you reject the proposal? and would that end the relationship?

Most Helpful Girl

• If I wasn't sure if I wanted to marry him...I'd just tell him exactly that...that I'd need some time to think and that we as a couple should have some serious talks to see if getting married would be the right thing...no..it wouldn't be the end of the relationship...unless I didn't want to get married at all to anyone.

For me though...if I had been dating him for like over 6 months and still wasn't sure if I wanted to marry him I probably would have broken it off the...I see dating as a prelude to marriage...not a means to an end...but everyone is different.

What Girls Said 6

• I'd be honest and tell him I'm not ready for marriage. That i only want to get married once, and i have to be completely certain it will last. Right now, I'm not certain. I'd tell him that i really care about him, but that we have developed into the relationship at different speeds and my feelings are not yet at the same level as his. And that it would be best if we took a break from each other for a while, so we could both have time to think.

• If i was intending to marry in my lifetime:

I would say i dont want to marry him, but i dont 'not' want to marry him. i ned time, we need more tim together to sort that out. id tell him to out the ring away somewhere safe and lets enjoy what we have and let it grow and see what happens.

You never mentioned how long weve been together but im sure if i was getting close to being ready id have discussed it before being proposed to. proposal to me isn't a 'nice' surprise. it shouldn't be like opening a cracker jack box... id want to be involved in something thats altering my life forever.

also time matters. years experience together matters 100% more than diamonds.

• and no. i would not end the relationship if i was not otherwise intending to do so.

• Ewwww diamonds suck. Also, if he proposed abnormally early, then that would be a red flag and I would both reject the proposal (by thanking him for loving me but then saying no and explaining why) AND end the relationship. If he proposed after the 'right' amount of time for us both, then I'd say yes of course. I don't want to be put on a pedestal and loved. I want it to be mutual.

• I would've broken it off a long time ago. There is no point in wasting both your time dating each other if you don't see a future.

• The ending the relationship all depends. If I say no can he handle thay, but if you are in a committed relationship what's the reason not to get married

• Well it depends really. How long we were dating, how I felt, are we really ready for marriage.
    But my 1st ex wanted to buy me a ring and i stop him we were wayyyy to young. My 2ed ex pulled out a ring and i said no We only dated for 2months like wtf? I dont know him that well and I wasn't in love with him not at that point. But he wanted me to take it so i offer it as a promise ring as if it something will see how it goes then 5 months later he gets anther ring and I said no and he wouldn't take no for an answer and followed me outside i hate when people make scenes and i felt pressure to say yes so i did.

Those are things i would expect until we at least and AT LEAST make 2 years or so.

• What happened when he followed you outside? Did you marry him?

• I do have good mental health. And people can feel pressure and not want sceans to happen. I made a mistake in the last comment saying were engaged we were engaged but I didn't really consider it that was then tho.

2ed yes his behavior was out of hand.

Plus i said i had my exes do this if you read the 1st post it says it was my exes so it tell im not married to them or planning it or even with them. Yes your right it does tell him that he can comtrol me that why the relationship was horrible and ended but that a long story of 4 years of things that are now the past. Plus this all happen in highschool and after highschool were young a lot of people do things in the moment an act on their emotions with out thinking and some people do it since they know that what some girls wanna hear etc.

• And im not a controlling person and I do not stalk people. And if i want something and it a deal breaker i will tel the guy i do not expect the guy to change it or stop it if he doesn't want to but he can not expect me to stay.

What Guys Said 0