What are your opinions on same sex marriage?

Recently, same sex marriage has been legalized in Pennsylvania. There are only 17 states in the US that allow it, how do you feel about that?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have no idea - I am not for them nor am I against them because I really am no one to judge but if it tickles your fancy then why not! This is also probably the me talking who was raised according to the laws of God but I do stray away from religion due to the fact that every religion sucks in one way or another but one thing I can tell you is that marriage is just a paper with 2 signatures on them so unless they would like to legalize themselves for a prenup or to adopt a child then that is completely different

What Guys Said 9

• Should be legal everywhere! I am all for it, nothing wrong with it!

• I have no problem with it but I wish they wouldn't call it "marriage". That's between a man and woman IMO. Should be called union or something else

• we are born 2 genders males and females..to reproduce..so I don't agree with same sex marriage cz its useless...love always end up having a baby to transform love in a small baby taking peace's from both parties...so u can see love a little baby...is it possible that same sex marriage get pregnant naturally?

• How does that work for people who have both a penis and a vagina? Or people who don't have either? People like that do exist. And what about people who are sterile and can never make a baby?

• If its a birth problem...theb adoption would be the best choice..you gonna tell so do same sex marriage can do that yes they can.. but any single kid on earth needs a dad and mom to feel their love to him/her and this helps the kid to grow up having no issue emotionally, morally, and mentally.

• Do you have any evidence of that? Any scientific studies or research that shows this is true? Because I would love to read it.

• I think that homosexuality is not natural (penis goes into vagina) and that it is wrong and immoral. I will treat any homosexual as I would any other person, but I will not back their movement in any way.

• How does that work for people who have both a penis and a vagina? Or people who don't have either? People like that do exist.

• Personally, I have not encountered someone like this.

• When I said that they are rare, that was somewhat of an understatement, but the condition is common enough to be given a name. Hermaphroditism. The conflicting parts are not always exterior, so someone could be a hermaphrodite and never know. It is medically documented, though. Men have the genetic coding for both male and female parts, is the idea that genes might activate that aren't supposed to really so hard to believe?

• I don't really care. They are human beings just like the rest of us so they can do what they want. It affects my life in no way.

• legal everywhere, im 100 percent for it

• It SaVes some time and SaVes some money. I hate all this commotion about it. Church and state are still separate so if they wanna get married in court find but the Church should still be able to deny them if they so choose.

• Go ahead...just don't spread the glitter on me

• It should be legal. I see it as a step towards marriage privatization, where eventually marriage will be treated like any other contract: people will be able to make their own terms and not even go before a judge to get a divorce.

What Girls Said 8

• I think the other 17 states should hurry up and legalize it so we can put this debate to rest. Marriage has been around since before Christianity (supposedly even before recorded history) so to deny same sex couples the right to get married based on that principle is ridiculous. I could understand churches denying same sex marriages in their parish but, as far as the state goes, that shouldn't matter. Marriage is a legal contract, not necessarily a religious one. People should just worry about themselves anyway.

• Who other people marry doesn't affect me in any way.
    So don't care.

• exactly!, in fact more taxes get payed and it does the government better

• I don't care, but it is little bit awkward:|

• i get that but isn't it even awkward being in the room with a straight couple being flirty or making out?

• It's cute, that's all.

• No I believe it should be with man and women but that doesn't mean I hate them with all my gut I just don't think it's right

• It's messed up. Religion and Politics shouldn't mix. Marriage was based from the Bible, not men laws.

• There are two forms of marriage. One is religious, and if churches want to turn down same sex couples, that's on them. The second form is legal, which has absolutely nothing to do with any church. Legal marriage is about legal rights, privileges, obligations, and responsibilities. Legal marriage has huge impacts of finances, medical decisions, and other numerous points. Legal marriage is about two people saying that both partners have the legal right to make decisions that drastically impact the other, and that they are responsible for the each other in emergency situations. Property is also merged. There is nothing religious about all that. Farther more, you have to remember that your religion is not the only religion. Many religions embrace same sex marriage. The United States prides itself on the fact that it has no official religion, and that it embrace and accommodates many religions, not just your religion.

• There's only one true religion. US doesn't care about that. They only want money.

• Does that mean that remote tribes, like those in Africa, with no contact to the world who have never heard of christianity are all going to Hell?

If the United States only cared about money, every drug that is currently illegal would be taxed instead, human experimentation wouldn't be a problem, help would never be sent to natural disaster victims, and the countless laws put in place to protect you and every other person wouldn't exist.

• good for them, let them love/marry who they want!! theyre not hurting anyone so let them be :)

• I think everyone should have equal rights. Regardless of their sexual orientation.