I stumbled across a couple of blogs of women who have their husbands be in completely in charge of them and the household. Of course the husband has to be respectful and what not but he takes care of everything and makes decisions for everyone. And expects things from his wife. I don't know but I think having him completely in charge sounds incredibly sexy and I would love it if guy did this for me. Many women talk about how its changed their marriage for the better. I just don't know how I would find a husband willing to do this.
Most Helpful Guy
The idea of it sounds sexy to imagine, but in the real world, no, I wouldn't want it. There are too many things that could fall apart.
1. No job is invincible: if I get laid off my family is 100% screwed and that's a lot of pressure. Whereas if the wife works (even if it's not a good paying job) it could help a little bit until I got back on my feet).
2. Conversation would be VERY boring after a while, because part of the fun each day is hearing about your partners stories, drama at work, and new opportunities. She wouldn't have much to talk about if all she did was stay home day after day for years.
3. I want a woman with a brain. Feistyness is great and I like a woman who proves that she is an intelligent decision maker. There's nothing wrong with asking for her asking for help when making choices, but I expect her to have common sense. There's a problem if she expects to use my brain for ALL the decisions because I want a partner not a servant. I don't need her to be Einstein but I want to be able to feel like my woman can make sound decisions with feeling like I need to walk her through EVERYTHING.
4. I don't want a bum. Motivation and ambition are attractive and I want a woman that I can sweep off her feet, not one who's sitting on the floor waiting to be picked up. That's lazy and unattractive. If me and my wife choose this kind of lifestyle I want it to be because we can, not because she has no motivation to do much else.
5. It's a horrible example for our daughters. I believe every woman should know that they don't have to rely on a man to survive. I also want to instill this in my daughters. What kind of example would I be setting for them if I ran the household and my wife was completely subservient, and I made every decision. I want them to grow up in a household where they see that women have as much social potential as men.0