If you don't have a college degree, you're less likely to get married?

So I just read that if you don't have a college degree, you're less likely to get married. Oh well, guess I'm never getting married then. But hey, at least divorce won't exist for me.
But I call BS on this because I know a few people that never went to college, yet they still got married.

• I went to college and got married.
  • I went to college and didn't get married.
  • I didn't go to college, yet I got married.
  • I didn't go to college and didn't get married.
  • Other
Just realized that my cousin went to college and so did her boyfriend. She had a kid right after college and she never got married. She says she doesn't plan to.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its a crock of crap the majority of my family got married without college degrees same with friends. Wether your chances at getting married are higher or lower depend entirey on you.

What Guys Said 4

• Your anecdotal data is clearly more accurate then the US census.

• Stop getting butt hurt. Statistically speaking, they say your chances of getting married are better with a degree. They're not saying if you don't have a degree that you'll be lonely forever.

• It's purely a result of being grouped with people and also having free time with them.

A job groups you with people, but do you really get a lot of freetime? Especially when you have to work extra hours to pay the bills because you don't have a college education for a good job.

• I'm a caregiver for an elderly woman right now (my great aunt) , but I'm really waiting for her to get in a nursing home because I'm getting tired of caring for her. I make about $400 a week. Then I can go back to my job at Social Services making $600 a week. Then I also pet sit for $500 a week, but that is just whenever someone needs me.

• Sounds like a hard life. I imagine you think about coming home to someone a lot. Life's hard. Do you want to get married?

• No I have a good life. It's not too hard. I broke up with my ex whom I was living with for four years. Now I have a new boyfriend. But I only get to see him once or twice a week. Yes I would like to get married someday.

• I can see that. Guys who dont have a degree on average have less earnings potential, which doesn't bold well for a girl who wants a man who can suffice her material needs.

• My boyfriend is in college at 33 years old to get his degree in child care. I'm not in college and he doesn't care that I never went to college. My ex did, even though he himself didn't go to college. Just tech high school.

• Awesome!

What Girls Said 5

• I know plenty of people that didn't go to college and are married, my mom is one so I think that's stupid

• I think it's just because college is great for networking when it comes to jobs and relationships. But research rule #1 correlation does not mean causation.

• Guys prefer educated girls. You can get married without an education but you are more likely to get divorced or get cheated on without an education. You might also end up with somebody who abuses you or mistreats you.

• Oh so I'm not educated even though I went to high school? I tried college with no credits and still I failed the classes.

• Point taken!!!

• "educated" in the traditional sense means post high school studies. Every person who has ever gone to college has also graduated from high school.

• no, men care about looks in japan.

• Haha well that's a better excuse for me not to get married