Would you rush an engagement if the girl was holding out sex?

I mean you love her but you made the engagement 2 years less to get it? Would you rush the date of the ring for it?

• No I love her I can wait
  • Yes but we were gonna get married eventually so does it matter
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear but I'm asking it as not manipulating you but as morals. Let's say this girl you love just wants to wait for the right guy and such and doesn't want sex with someone who might not be hers forever

Most Helpful Guy

• do whats in your heart.

• Ty for the MH. dont let anyone sway you or anything. You follow what your heart says. Im not gonna preach the bible but do whats in your gut

• Haha I liked your answer:) there's millions of people and there answer is gonna vary and this just applies

• well it may be cliche it buts true. No one is gonna tell you what to do, but yourself, your no gonna take opinions or whatever. You gonna do what your heart and mind say, and when both come with that decision, and the feelings in your gut and tummy feel right, you will make you decision

What Guys Said 9

• No! Holding sex over my head? What kind of child does that? Hell no, man. How am I going to know if we're compatible if she won't give it up? That is a selfish childish thing to do. What does sex have to do with marriage anyway? Two different things. Who cares if you have sex before marriage? That doesn't make you a different person.

Holding out sex so you can get a ring out of someone seems like something else to me. Hmm... What could that be? What do you call it when someone uses sex as a bartering tool to get something of value to them? Hmmmm... I wonder what that could be. What word am I thinking of?

Now when you have sex with a married man or something like that, then you do become a bad person. But as long as you're not doing that or trying to get knocked up go for it. I don't see why sex is this crazy taboo obsession we have in this society. It's just sex. It's what people do. There's contraception. You don't have to wait until you want to reproduce anymore. We live in a technologically advanced world now. It's time to accept that and get with the times.

• Ah is popular with different cultures and religious men and women especially in Islamic worlds.

• If I believed in sex before marriage, and she didn't, and we were not being sexual at all...

Then I guess I'd either marry her or dump her.

If I also believed in no sex till marriage, I'd probably also be looking to get married pretty quickly if everything was right.

• I'm honestly not sure, but I can imagine people doing that. The hypothesis aligns well with the high quantity of divorces.

• How long are we talking about here? Like a month before the wedding or a few years? I'd probably cancel the wedding.

• Let's say a year

• Nope, i wouldn't. Sexually compatibility in a marriage is important. Not worth the risk. It strains the relationship when each others sex drive is drastically different.

• Ok thanks for your opinion

• No, I'd cancel it. I don't want to end up in a long term relationship (especially marriage) with a woman that uses sex as a manipulative weapon to get things. That's an automatic relationship breaker.

• What if she was an amazing girl but she just had morals and wanted to wait for the right guy, would you still breakup with her?

• Let me put it to you this way, if I'm the right guy that she is waiting for and she truly loves me and believes in me and our relationship together, then she's going to be willing to take a chance on me. If you don't believe in your man and that your bond is strong enough to last forever, then why should he? You're only 10% in but you want him to be 100% in... You seem to be concerned with getting a title and a ring more than getting into a strongly bonded relationship that you believe in. You're trying to use sex as a blackmail tool to get that title. How exactly does that make you an amazing girl? :S Most men know that one of major types of women to avoid are women that use sex to punish and get their way. It's one of the biggest red flags out there.

• I would expect other things if she were a virgin... Oral, hand jobs ECT... If she is not a virgin then I would need a damn good reason to stay...

• Yeah. . . THAT'S exactly the kind of behavior I'd want to encourage. . . Are you nuts?

• Marrying people for sex must be the most complicated way ever to get some.

• No if she doesn't want sex that's her problem, not gonna marry her for it

What Girls Said 2

• What is the big deal about sex? Just do it before the marriage. It's ridiculous to get married just so you can have sex. That's not exactly a recipe for an ideal marriage

• Thanks for your opinion

• it depends on the guy