Do you want to get married? Why or why not?

What is the point of marriage to you? do you think you'd ever get divorced or anything?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Death before marriage!

• I agree, but why do you think that? what's your reasoning?

• I'm a mra dude, I know all about that, I just wanted to know your exact thoughts on not just the off the shelf stuff lol

• Ah :) Then you already know my main reasons :)

The other thing is why would I marry someone who, even at 20, can't compete with a hot 16 year old?

What Girls Said 17

• It's neither yes or no. Marraige is not something I need or want. I don't need it to feel secure in my relationship nor do I need it to show/prove commitment and my s. o feels that same. However if he turned around tmrw and said he wanted to get married then I would do it as its important to him.

• At first I never wanted to, even though I've been with this guy for 4 years and its gone extremly great I still didn't find it necessary to get married. But he really wants to and if it'll make him happy I'll go for it :) not like I'm doubting our relationship but I wouldn't mind getting married

• Yes I do want to get married one day and no I don't think I will get divorced InshALLAH

• I'm not really sure but the point is tax benefits

• I would like to get married at some point if I meet the right guy.
    I don't want to be like most of my friends and get all desperate and marry the first person who proposes to me.
    I don't like the idea of divorce, but if I was really miserable I would have to do it for my own sanity.

• I would of said yes a few years ago. but no i don't feel like i ever do. because marriage is about forever and love. You can't just go get divorced because shit didn't work out. I don't know I think marriage is a once and a life time thing. And right now I'm not feeling it. maybe in a few years who knows.

• Yes I do ^_^ the point is that we are gonna be promising to spend the rest of our lives together. And no divorce isn't an option.

• I do if I find my one and only, my soulmate. I will realize this when I want to spend all my days with him and won't mind waking up every morning with his stinky morning breath giving me a good morning kiss.

• Um i dont think i want to but i also dont want to be alone all my life. So i imagine i will get maried 1day

• Yeah. Hopefully I get hitched in a couple of years.

• Maybe if i meet the right guy.

• I won't be devastated or feel a loss if I never get married, but there is something sexy about marriage, to me.
    I take his name, I belong to him, he belongs to me. We own each other, in every way... I love that.

• I've never been keen on the idea, honestly. I like being close to a guy, but that sense of ownership drives me away.

• I do not want to be married simply because being betrothed to someone for my entire life does not sound appealing. If there was ever a man in my life who wanted to marry me I would not be opposed to sharing our love with family and friends. but as far as legally being attached to someone for the rest of my life is definitely a no go for me

• Yes I want to get married. I feel like we won't get divorced. I want to get married to my current boyfriend, which is also my best friend; I've known him and always been so close for over 8 years. Regardless of us spending the rest of our lives together, even if we're not married in the process, I feel like marriage is something you should cherish if you do it.

• Yes I want to be married.

• I rather die
    I love how someone said discounts. What an idiot. You're going to get married to better your life and not because you actually love them. This is why marriage is a fucking scam

• I'd be more worried about the impending divorce and the girl taking half my shit than a few tax breaks...

• No... men don't get married for sex...

• To me they do

What Guys Said 5

• I don't personally care about marriage, but if my
    girlfriend wants to, I don't see why I should refuse ^.~

• Marriage is if I plan to spend the rest of my life with a person, and therefore want the legal discounts and such from having a family. Obviously the act itself of getting married signifies "I want to spend the rest of my life with you" but that should've been obvious before that.

• no it's a waste of money all it is a piece of paper and a stupid ring!

• Marriage is very valuable. It signifies an official and lifelong partnership. Yes, I want to get married. I will enter that marriage with the attitude that it will last for a lifetime. If I have any doubts, I will reconsider BEFORE I get married. Once married, I will attempt my fullest to overcome any obstacles and hardships that I encounter.

I believe one reason divorce rates are so high is because our world condones promiscuity and adultery. Imagine going into a marriage with a track record of having many sex partners. This creates a lot of jealousy, competition, and tension. If me and my wife enter that marriage, both being untouched, we can share those first moments with each other. It would be mutual and it would strengthen the bondage.