Would you want a promise ring from you're bf?

Would you want a promise ring from your bf if he couldn't afford a real engagement ring yet?

Personally I would love something like that ^_^ lol

• Yes
  • No
  • See results (guys)

Most Helpful Girl

• It's cute.
    Why not?
    It's sort of like showing he's taking our relationship seriously.
    If he didn't give me one, I wouldn't make a fuss over it.
    "Actions speak louder than words"
    If he's showing me that he is serious then that's all that counts.

What Guys Said 2

• a promise ring? (Cheese on toast bollocks)

• What? lol

• I was just the promise ring so glee, High school musical so cheese on toast.

• um ok lol

• Aren't you the same girl whose guy is in military? and you made him one of those things?

• No, you may be talking about one of my exes from 2 years ago though if you mean the friendship bracelet.

• Nah, some girl probably a week back asked if you'd like to wear a promis ring if your gf gave it to you and never take it off.

• Oh ok then no im not lol

What Girls Said 9

• It wasn't something I ever thought about until my boyfriend bought me one after I returned from a semester of study abroad. We'd survived the long distance (12 hour time difference) so I think for us the ring symbolised our commitment to each other as boyfriend and girlfriend more than it felt like a lead up to engagement.
    If a guy couldn't afford an engagement ring and it really was that important to him and myself, I would rather us work to saving up for one than getting a placeholder. It seems like an unnecessary expense when that's all it really is.

• I'm huge on promises so I adore promise rings, but I wouldn't want a guy proposing with a promise ring.

• No. A promise ring sounds like something high schoolers do. And at my age I'm not ready to get married.

Sticking with me until were at a good age to get married and then getting me a small cute engagement ring is all I need. I don't need extra reassurment that you love me :p

• At my age, no. Here the promise ring thing mostly seems to be something that teenagers do.

• I have one from my bf that I wear everyday. It just means he has a promise to stay faithful to me. I doesn't mean he doesn't have enough money for an engagement ring, we're just not at that point yet in our lives. He wanted to show me that he was committed to me until we decide differently together, as a couple.

• No, I find them dumb especially at my age. The only ring I would want is an engagement ring and wedding band at this point and that is only if I actually would want to spend the rest of my life with the guy.

• Not really. I would accept one if I was given one.

• For me, it would be a waste of money.

• I'm not sure if I would want to. I've been through that one not sure if I want to do it again.