Guys, when do you want to get married?

I hope no one says never.. that would make me sad.

So guys, girls, when do you want to get married?

Most of you guys said around your 30's.

Some are not ready, while others they don't believe in marriage.

Thanks for the input :D

Most Helpful Guy

• I wanted to get married when
    -* I met the girl of my choice
    -* I was free from other obligations
    -* I had a job
    -* I earned an income

That's when I married. (well, a month after I got free from other obligations and 2 weeks after I got a good job.)

Most Helpful Girl

• I think around 25-26 would be a good age for me to get married. That way we can have a couple years to ourselves before we start having children. :) I want 2-4 kids and I want to be done by the time I'm 35!

What Guys Said 33

• While I'm not completely against the idea of being married, I am extremely picky about who I would consider being married to. Her ideas about marriage, and her long-term goals, would have to be extremely in sync with mine.

Lots of guys my age are on their 2nd, 3rd, even 4th marriages. To me, that's far worse than never having been married at all, which is my status.

• I don't know how I feel about marriage. I like commitment, just not marriages.

I suppose in my late 30's or something? I'd say no sooner than 4 or 5 years into a relationship.

• been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

• Never. There's no point in it other than the potential of getting screwed over in a divorce. A girl who insists on it only views men as a tool to a superficial vision of hers.

• Get legally married? Never. Cohabitation couples are happier anyways, and while some will say "married men live longer!" single men live just about as long, and divorced men die much sooner than single men.

Besides, why would I want to give up any power I have in a relationship?

And why would I want to drag the State into my personal life any more than absolutely necessary?

• Why would you be giving up power? It's more like sharing power

• I guess I would want a guy to marry me despite all the things may go wrong in the future. That's what makes it so great. It's like you guys have this strong trust that even if things get rough, you'll always be there. So those worries aren't real worries if you have each other.

Not trying to change your mind, just my view :D

• If you have this strong trust, wouldn't you trust your guy enough to leave the state and legal contracts out of your relationship?

• By the time im 30, I want to have children before 35 and for my wife to be no older than 30 too. Not ideal leaving everything beyond that

• I was thinking like 28 would be earliest for me but I really wanna have kids before my wife hits 30, that's my preference but no wife yet:p I don't know life is an adventure, this is something im not exactly planning out right now haha.

• When I get lucky and find the woman of my dreams who loves me with all her heart as much as I do, because I am to her the man of her dreams :)

• When I meet the right girl. Takes time and getting to know someone so however long that takes.

• after i´ve been with her in a relationship that includes sex for at least 4 years

• As soon as possible, no later than 24. I would like to go to graduate school, but if it really came down to it, I would sacrifice my education and career for the sake of being a husband and father. Family life is in the end my ultimate goal. Nothing would make me happier than to have my own wife to love, cherish, and have a ton of sex with, and my own two little daughters to take care of and raise.

• I've always looked foreward to having a bride of my own since i was in my teens... but im starting to feel that my time is up and I've missed my chance at ever finding that person...

• Im almost 24 and could marry right now if I had the right woman. I don't think this will ever happen with me.
    Oh and something else don't anyone tell me ''concentrate on being the right man'' because I do it all the time and being treated like garbage.

• I definitely want to get married, but when? Well, I personnaly would like to marry when my girlfriend would be pregnant or earlier. Age doesn't matter to me, but if I'd had to choose an age for it it would be when I'm 25. So that would mean that I would be married in 6 years, it actually could happen as I and my girlfriend have a relationship since we where 15. So for 4 years now, didn't knew we were together for that long already...

• Soon, as my partner is 30 and wants to atart a family

• I am 27, and honestly i am far away from getting married

• Probably never til da day there's no more meh. Never had ma first luv either and probably never will. No one gonna want sumone like meh eitherway >.>

• I got married at around 27, not giving precise numbers on here, though.

• Never. Don't believe in it, it's an outdated social construct.

• Never because it just the worrest thing any individual can possibly do

• I hate to disappoint you, but I honestly can't see any great reasons to get married. Maybe when I get older I'll change my mind, but at this moment my answer is never.

• When I'm financially stable, which may take a while...

• That's understandable

• Yeah, I don't want finances to be the reason why the marriage ends, also I want to be damn sure that she is the woman I want to commit to

• I don't ever want to get married. So never unless a special girl wants to I might get convinced.

• No interest in ever getting married but I do want to settle down. Don't agree with all the marriage shit, it's erroneous

• Not yet...

• I want to get married at 28 but want to find a good partner by 25

• To be frank, I don't attract women enough to give any actual time frame on this. If it happens, then whenever, but I don't forsee myself getting hitched for a long time, if ever.

Bare minimum though, I want to be out of school and have a stable job already before getting married.

• Once I meet the my ideal girl (so to speak) IMMEDIATELY

• asap that is all

• Never! Marriage is for smuckhs.

• Well if I don't agree to it, she'll just leave me, so I'll have no choice in the matter.

• Aw that sucks :(

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 10

• I want to get married in my early twenties. I don't want to marry when I'm over thirty because I'll start growing wrinkles and my boobs will start sagging and it will be harder to impress a guy. I also want to get married in my early twenties because I'll be able to be in my grandchildren and great grandchildren's lives and not die after they are born from old age. Last reason why I want to marry at a young age, is because I make horrible grades in High School. I wouldn't be financially stable enough to live on my own.

• In 6 months.

• Now! I want to get married and have a family ASAP. Can't wait for the married life <3

• 25? twnty five?

• When I meet the right guy

• Not yet. It may be a while.

• It's not even on my radar right now.

• I want to be married before i'm 24. I want to be a mom so being married at a young age is important to me.

• When I find the right guy

• Sometime in my 20s. If I started dating the person this year (I'm 19), I would marry them at the earliest when I'm 22 and have been graduated for a year and we both have jobs. But that's only if we were really sure. Otherwise, I'd hope to be married by about 25 :)

• hopefully somewhere in my mid twenties, so I can start my family before I turn thirty