Is one year too soon to get married?

We're almost a year now and thinking about getting married. Im 23 he's 27. Is it too early to get married on that age? And we're in a long distance relationship. But if we got married Im willing and he wants me to move where he is right now. I hope u can help me. Thank you!

44

Most Helpful Girl

• It's definitely too soon and you're still young. You need to spend time with him in a regular relationship not long distance. That way you can see his real self. Have you met his family? friends? how was he raised? his background (i mean family background, is he from a single parent household? abusive parents? any addictions? genetic conditions? criminal history?) i don't think he'd tell you all that online. If you want to make things work get to know him better by spending time with him. You may be surprised by what you find out.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 4

• Give it some more time. Move to his country, since you are in a long distance relationship. It's important to know if his country's culture/style fits you.

Also 1 year is too short. I need more time to know the person completely, i. e. how he reacts under stress, how he communicates with others like strangers, friends or parents, how good he is with his money, or if he has ambition. You may know some of these stuff already but I think I will need more time to peal away the first layer of impression, and see what he is really like underneath. Cause all of us have an instinctive image we put up when we socialize, it's not really our true self.

• I always think that couples should live together before getting married. You don't really know a person until you share a living space with them, trust me. The better option would be for you to move out there and see how things go for a while, then get engaged.

• Try it. YOLO.

• If it's long distance then you probably haven't spent a great deal of time physically together so you don't know the real him. Don't jump into something you may regret. What's the rush?

Age has nothing to do with it, but you need to spend physical time together before you really do know someone.

What Girls Said 3

• I would say it's not *too* soon. I've heard of people getting married after 4 months of knowing each other, and they're the happiest married couple on the planet lol BUT have you had enough time together? You say you're in a long distance relationship.
    The only thing I'd be worried about is when you start hanging out way more often together, then you'll pick up on some personalities and habits that you just can't absolutely stand. However, if you knew each other before hand, then why not?

It's your choice.

• IMO, it is a little early- its perfectly fine to discuss marriage and to become engaged, but not actual marriage. and my reasoning is i think it is a little early in yalls relationship.

• Make sure you have money if you are the one who is moving
    Personally I think if would be nice if he moved to your area but if you trust him go for it