Hypothetically speaking, do you think a marriage between one woman and two men could work?

Assuming that all three people are heterosexual.

Could it be a loving marriage? And could they have kids and grow old together, like normal couples?

Edit - Bigamy is technically illegal so they wouldn't be "legally" married, but they would be married in every other sense.

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course it's possible. People do this already. It's just not widely practiced. I think the main reason for that is it's hard for most people to find one person they want to settle down with. Finding two, and then having those two also love each other, seems very hard. Especially long term. But obviously not impossible. As for raising kids, I think those kids would be better off than in a two-parent family. Extra income, extra support, parents would be less stressed, etc.

What Guys Said 8

• Not likely. It takes at least 2 average women to sexually satisfy an average man.
    1/2 a woman would never do.

• It wouldn't be legal unless they were Siamese twins, but gay people can be unofficially married, so why not three people

• Well, it's possible, but I'd say unlikely.

• No. Not at all. It used to work the other way around, but never this way.

• Yes, and so could 2 girls and one man (that'd probably work best, actually).
    They would have to be brought up much differently than how we were tho.

• Sounds like drama but he'll why not? Every man wants two women so why not the other way around?

• I could not do it. If it was me and two women then it could maybe work.

• It definitely could. The best women need t be share ;-)

What Girls Said 4

• Well, unless you are the ultimate alpha female godess I doubt it. Men and ego's are hard enough as it is. They are extremely territorial. And if there is no romantic relationship between the guys then I doubt this will work

• Possibly but unlikely

• No eventually the men are going to be fighting over you

• I was just wondering about this yesterday... It might work if the two men were best friends from a young age and used to sharing everything