What are guys thoughts about marriage? wanna hear it from them?

Most Helpful Guy

• The choice of pictures tells a lot of what you think of it... Mind to share your thoughts?

• its not my thoughts dude... i consider marriage as something sacred and unique... those pictures represent the thoughts of most guys

• :) okay dude... but i'm gonna sleep in a few moments

• Well, good night then :D

What Guys Said 13

• 1. Marriage according to me is something instituted by society to maintain order, discipline & responsibility
    2. The very reason that it's instituted by society or similar forms is why a lot of people perceive it as a forcible thing and loss of 'freedom' which explains stag & hen parties before a marriage
    3. The institution of marriage also has romantic ideas involved especially for the fairer sex which is why they look forward to it more bearing in mind fantasy stories of happy married lives
    4. Whichever way most time surprisingly post marriage things seem to change dramatically and it's not the institution that does that but our expectations of how things should be etc
    5. Personally, to love one person entirely I don't need marriage. While I have nothing against it, I've noticed that it really doesn't help cause when people want to separate they do & most time with a bitter taste in them.
    6. The idea is to be honest, open, compatible with great chemistry. THAT by itself is marriage as far as I'm concerned. When the minds & hearts are together, I don't need society or religions or law's permission. Life can well be a honeymoon throughout :)

• hmmmm quite philosophical dude!

• Ur 5th point is outstanding anna

• Philosophy is derived from practicality :) What I say is how I perceive and mean it young lady :)

Thank you bro for your encouraging words :)

• Marriage is sharing faith love and lust in a more civilized manner with legalizing such relationships gives more meaningfulness... its all about compromising each individual's needs and leading a life sharing withbur better half. any people think its a loss of freedom or extra burden due to children. Others think its the way of life. On the way they forget the most important thing. Taking care of ur better half. We run with the speedy life and its expectations, peer pressure, society and forget to spend time with them. Instead of playing ball with ur kid. U chase promotion at office. Goes to work for boss's annual report to be published on monday. Instead of Friday night date with ur wife. U think about next week's annual general meeting. Women in the words of feminism, forget to compromise with men understanding he does for the welfare of her child. She starts asking divorce. Cheating with others. Marriage should be a blissful one. Instead of blissless and dry and forgetting why we have our wife or husband and the main reason for calling the other half as the better half

• so sweet bro!

• The film "the vow" still living in my heart sweet. It shows how faithful and thruthful he was during the tough time. Its not about how things gg im ur way. How u tackle ur emotional stability whenn things ain't gng ur way. That shows how hard u fight for her. Like the song "low self esteem" line says "the more u suffer (for/by her), the more that shkws u really care"

• the last line makes a lot of sense dude

• To me, marriage is a lifelong commitment to another person, to always be there for them, so they are never alone as long as you're alive. Choices you make are for the good of both of you, not only yourself. Loyalty and faithfulness are important since they are the outward manifestations of the promises made to each other when you got married. Adherence to those promises makes it possible for your spouse to know that you will not look for another person and abandon them.

The most important part of marriage is raising children. It's always known who the mother is; for a married couple it's assumed who the father is, which brings a lot of financial and legal responsibilities and obligations, as well as a lot of parental rights automatically. Withdrawing from those responsibilities is extremely difficult and sometimes impossible. I don't want to make it sound like a burden; it's just a lot more responsibility than some people imagine.

I think a majority of typically marriage-aged people of both sexes don't share my idea of what marriage means and I don't think it will last as an institution for more than a few more decades. There are a lot of novel definitions of what marriage should be about that are frankly arbritary and don't serve any larger purpose other than make someone feel good. Marriage is about a lot more than that to me.

• Marriage to me is not anything like those pictures. I would like to get married as soon as I meet the right person. Be that next month, next year, or in the next decade (hopefully not that long) I want to marry my best friend and have it be an equal partnership.

• nice dude

• I want it be the right thing to do and to make sure it lasts the test of time

• I definitely want to settle down and get married down the road. Still a bit young to do it anytime soon, but the day I can be in a secure relationship with the girl I love that I focus all my affections on will be a happy one in my book.

• nice dude... at what age do you wanna get married?

• I'd say mid-twenties to early-thirties, and I'd probably have to be in the relationship with the girl for at least a couple years.

Marriages just seem more stable in that spouses will usually work hard on solving any problems before they even think about separating. With just normal relationships the girl can just bail without even trying to fix anything, and that constant possibility always freaks me out when I'm with someone, lol.

• its great dude...

• 50% of marriages fail, around 75% of divorces are initiated by women, and men are routinely shafted in divorce courts. I don't like those odds - it's like playing roulette and betting all your shit on black. And for what? For lurrrrve? Nah, I can love my girlfriend and be committed to her without any of that. Marriage provides me no benefit that an unmarried committed relationship doesn't.

• The statistics say 50% but a large chunk of these marriages are already second marriages, therefore the actual rate is lower, though it decisively rose during the last decades. And from my experience as marriage counsellor I can tell for sure that a large number or marriages could be saved, if people would seek help early enough. It's sad, they see it happening and still don't get help.
      And I think the US law is not protecting men at all. It's from a time when women had way less rights than nowadays. While the laws have changed on the women's side, they didn't on the men's side. Here it's much better, neither side has a legal advantage, money is divided in a fair manner, children are taken care of by both, etc. Still, divorce is terrible, especially for children. They can easier handle a parent's death than a divorce, statistics say :/

• I look forward to getting married and raising a family and its also my duty, I need a son other wise my family name dies with me.

• yeah that's true... its one of the reason why most people prefer having boys

• false..

• You don't even know were I am lol.

• Buyer beware. :-P

• I'm NEVER getting married, why? love is proven from the heart and soul not some paperwork and a gold ring...

• Marriages are good when u have one with your love and maintain it throughout your life but u have seen both kind of xouples one who are very happy and understanding and the other who are always fighting

• I dont know. I think it's a good idea, but it's a costly event.

• It's a thing. Some people like it. Some people don't. I'll do it if I feel like it.

• okay dude! what floats your boat

• Exactly!

• For most people nowadays pointless. Is it a permission for moving together? Or losing your virginity? No. It's just a symbolic stuff where you promise this and that. And you promise the same thing over and over again for different people

• so its your perception of marriage?

• Maybe. At the moment I cannot think of any such relationship where I love someone so much that I would never ever in a hundred years cheat on her if I have the chance. And as I have heard it is not rare to cheat occasionally in marriages if it gets boring. I am not saying that I don't love her, but still why not have sex when I catch the opportunity? The other girl is happy, I am happy, and my gf does not know anything. So is there any point in spending a lot of money and then let it go after a decade or two?

What Girls Said 1

• Lmao the pictures!
    Marriage is precious thing. I think it is great when you do it with the right person.

• lol thanks... i agree with you babe