How do I ask my husband about having a baby?

My husband and I haven't been married for a while, but I've been thinking about having a baby more and more. I know he isn't ready for a child yet. But i really want one... I dont know i really need advice and none of my friends would understand.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just gently ask him about it and see his thoughts of it. Haveing a baby is a huge commitment and someone shouldn't feel forced into it. Don't come on too strong. But honestly, I'd suggest to just enjoy being married for a while. Enjoy the first few years of marriage and then decide on kids, that way you two still have hac your "fun" in the marriage before you make it more stressful with kids. Good luck, hope he's up for it!

What Guys Said 5

• If you can't talk to your husband about something so basic, then what can i tell you? You shouldn't be married.

• Ok, I have never been married but in relationships that almost lead to marriage, my was going to be wife ask how are we going to continue the family name? I said I guess we are having kids, so just start like that.

• Do you want a baby because you actually, seriously want one, or because your body is telling you to have one? A lot of girls just "want a baby" but aren't ready for the commitment it takes or are prepared to look after it properly. You are still very young and it takes away a lot of your freedom. If your husband doesn't want one yet he wouldn't be making 100% effort as a father. Imagine how you'd feel if you realised your dad didn't want you.

• if one of you in a relationship doesn't want kids than having kids is not something you should be thinking about dont force it on them, they will ether leave or won't be happy

• Figure out a compromise. If he does that for you, you do something life changing for him

What Girls Said 0