What do you think of people who keep their v till marriage?

Are they dateable?
Worth it?

Most Helpful Girl

• liers haha jk... They have incredible will power, claps to them:)

What Girls Said 15

• I think marriage means so little these days and don't understand it unless the person is religious or finds some stigma attached to the traditional values. I think someone waiting to be in love before having sex is a respectable decision. I guess in your case, I'd wonder if the person you want to be with is suffering from some guilt or pressure from how they were brought up whether it was religious or otherwise. If those ties are that strong, then they likely want you to take marriage very seriously. If that's what you want to do, then I see no reason why you shouldn't want to fall in love with them and know that the sex will come when you've made it official as far as they're concerned. Personally, I think it's an old-age tradition, and if the person is wanting to be virtuous, there is nothing wrong with having protected sex after falling in love... especially in this day and age.

• I agree that marriage has very little meaning outside of religious circles in this day and age. For secular people it's just a tax break.

• simple put as any person rather they are virgin or not. I respect their decisions. any one can worth it for marriage. but I wouldn't go marry just because they are virgins. there are more important factors after all. like personality. don't want to be with someone that horrible person just because their a virgin.

• I am someone who has chosen to wait for marriage. I have had several guys break it off with me because of it, but in the end I feel like they weren't worth it if they can't wait for me. It makes me angry when people tell me I'm too uptight for holding onto my virginity, because it's none of their business. I don't judge them for how they are so they have no place judging me. To me someone isn't right or wrong in whatever choice they make, as long as it's their choice, then it's the right one for them. Yes I think sex is an important part of a relationship, but only if that person has chosen to commit to me for life then they can have that part of me that I've been saving. If someone thinks I'm undateable because of it, then obviously they don't deserve me and I don't want them.

• It's all about finding compatible partners. There are still virgin men waiting till marriage but they're just a bit harder to be found. I would recommend you seek a virgin in your case. They can be found at churches mainly.

• ugh. I agree with you 100%. Every guy I have ever dated has done the same exact thing, every time. They find out I'm a virgin, tell me they think it's really cool and special, after a while decide that they don't think I'm serious and that I'm just a tease, so they take "no" as "convince me", and when they find out it's for real they break things off.

• I agree whole-heartedly about non-virgin men being hypocritical for wanting virgin women.

• I think it has it's nice/bad sides. Keeping your virginity untill your marriage is beautiful and gains a lot of respect. But what if you marry that person and they suck in bed? In my opinion you have to try out a little before marrying, so you won't regret your sexual life haha.

• actually sex can be learned and there is sex coaches that people hire to help them (weird world i know)

• You shouldn't marry someone unless you are sure that you are compatible in the communication department. A lack of communication in the bedroom will do more damage to a healthy sex life than a lack of premarital sexual experience.

• Encolpius you explained it beautiful.

• I respect their decision but can't exactly comprehend it. Personally I wouldn't date someone who keeps their virginity until marriage. Mainly because I'm not planning to get married. Haha.

• I really respect them even though I don't agree with them. In this day and age, being able to stay a virgin until marriage says a lot about them, I think it's really cool

• Yes they are definitely worth it.

• Like others stated, if that's what you want and you feel good about it then go ahead. You shouldn't have problems finding girls that want to save themselves till marriage. There are more girls who do that than guys to be honest.
    Personally, I wouldn't be able to handle that because I view sex as an important part of a relationship and I'm assuming he would want kids at some point while I don't so we would not be compatible for one another. No, I wouldn't date a man that wanted only sex after marriage.

• Let's see 1) you know they have a moral standard so will more than likely be faithful.2) you can pretty much train them to your liking. 3) you get to brag to the world that you married a virgin. So if you like there personality , find them attractive and feel a connection go for it. Stock up on the p*rn and excersize your hand.

• compare to a guy , who is not virgin have had sex with women before marriage. when he will get married he ll be more faithful because he has already had different tastes now he knows what he is after. but the other virgin guy , his journey only starts with you. you just introduce him with sex , he is more likely to explore now more different taste.

• You have a glib view on people. I can say I know of one virgin that married and has been for 25 years who never strayed or even looked at another guy. So I will agree to disagree!

• okay I am no body to tell you what is correct. all I can say is what I feel. it is only you who judges it as right or wrong.
      he has been married for 25 years. yeah that's believable for sure. but it must have had any of the following reasons-
      1 he had fears and pressures (instead of love and happiness). fears of society , fears of being lonely , fears of facing people after. pressure of being morally and socially correct, pressure of commitments ( had no courage to go with what actually he wants , could not stand against the social norms.)
      In this case he just don't wan't to live in a marriage. because there is no love in his life no happiness, only stress , fights. but he has no guts to follow his heart and so he accepted it as his destiny to be in that marriage whether it is giving him happiness or not.

2 he and his partner really understand what love is. this could live with each other so long effortlessly. you need effort only when there is no love.

• Good for them. I don't think anything else about them. To each his own.

• Honestly? Go for it, if that's what you want. But for me sex is a big part of a relationship after some time together. nit would be a deal breaker for me

• Sure, they're dateable, but so are those who've had 100+ sex partners. It really doesn't matter to me.

• Well if for religion and respect it's ok find to have one partner wait for someone but it bc the stupid rules society do in the 15 century I find it plain pathetic

• Good for them. Will power helps humans to succeed in pretty much EVERY aspect of life. Things are always more satisfying when you work for them: a new car, a PhD, a fully-paid mortgage, a human being (child), and yes: love too.

• I think they've got some strength to wait, and that it's kind of cute. It'd be worth it for the most part, but I don't want to get married so that'd be a waste for me. But if I did plan on getting married I'd think it'd be pretty cute and not a deal breaker.

What Guys Said 13

• I totally applaud people who keep their v until marriage. It's an honorable way to save something very special of yourself for the right person whom you may grow old with. If your waiting turns some potential dates and mates away, great! You just spam-filtered out some people whom you wouldn't be happy with anyway. There are many potential partners who will respect your waiting and would even wait around for you, knowing how special you are.

I don't buy in to the culture's sex-crazed don't wait, enjoy making love whenever you want with whoever you want mentality. This in NOT good for anyone wanting a long-term, committed, monogamous marriage with kids and long years of inner peace without all the guilt of being promiscuous. The culture's argument is that waiting until marriage is old fashioned. Is old fashioned bad? There are lots of old fashioned things that are wonderful. Look around you. Much of the popular culture's rebellion against old-fashioned things leads only to consequences and destruction and unhappiness. Examples are promiscuity leading to unwanted pregnancy, abortion, STDs, and there's drugs, profanity, sky high divorce rate, an increase of suicide, and on and on. Cling to some old fashioned things and you might find yourself blessed and you won't regret it.

Yes, sex is wonderful, but don't you think it would be more wonderful with a person you're committed to for life and want to have a family with, without guilt of having given up your v to someone else before that person?

• I don't understand why people restrain themselves from experiencing the pleasure and everything else that comes along with sex. If I were in a serious relationship, I would very likely be sexually attracted to my girlfriend, meaning I'd have a desire to have sex with her. It's also safe to assume that she'd feel similarly about me. So why deny ourselves this craving that we both have? There's nothing negative that would come from doing it (assuming the right birth control and/or STD protection) was taken. So, I don't see any legitimate reason why not to have sex when both people want it.

Many people seem to do so for religious reasons, but I don't think having sex before getting married makes you any less of a genuinely decent person. And isn't that the basic principle that most every religion preaches: to be a genuinely decent person?

• I don't. It's their choice and it's none of my business. I congratulate them for being able to wait that long, and hope that the huge amounts of testosterone in their body is put to good use after all that time.

• Well I am one of those people who is staying a virgin until marriage for personal and religious reasons. As for other virgins good luck to them it is a very tough and long road. Personally I would rather marry another virgin then marry someone who sleeps around a lot waiting until marriage says a lot about character and self control which leads to patience and other good traits necessary in a mother and wife.

• Totally. I'm waiting until marriage myself, so if the girl wants to wait as well, I don't think it would be too much trouble.

• Here's an interesting story, about a woman who waited until marriage and looked forward to sex in marriage. It didn't happen. She divorced after 5 years of marriage, and was still a virgin and wanting sex.
    http://www.yourtango.com/200929999/divorced-virgin
    I didn't realize this happened so often.

• Here's another one. A woman who'd been married twice, and still a virgin at 51.www.dailymail.co.uk/.../...desperate-intimacy.html

She'd been totally cheated out of a lifetime of physical affection, because she didn't "try before you buy".

• So often? Sure, I feel bad for those two women, but two random anecdotal stories do not equate to an epidemic of virgin marriage disasters. Look at how many older, traditional Catholic couples have been happily married for decades...50, 60, 70 years.

• keep it if it means something to you, give it away if it doesn't. I made the mistake of giving away my virginity and wish I would have it back but its already gone.

• If they want to do that then that is their choice. I think it isn't wise but if that's what they want to do then that is what they can do.

• Too uptight...

• My girlfriend and I are both virgins, and waiting until marriage. I don't think I would ever consider marrying a woman who wasn't a virgin, but only because I am one.

• debatable. he has more self control than you can ever muster (if he chose to be a virgin)

• For women YES they must keep their virginity until marriage non virgin girls don't worth to marry them.
    For men it depends its better to be virgin but if they want to have some exprience it accepted for them.

• I would say they are the best types to marry, if you want a monogamous relationship. It shows a strong conviction to the belief they should only have sex with the person they are married to.