How to have a good relationship with a misogynist?

How would someone be in a loving relationship with a misogynist? I can understand someone becoming that way because the way they were raised or previous experiences, but is it possible they might grow out of that in a loving relationship and if not how can you show a misogynist that not all women are the same? Or how does one cope with a misogynist?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, you have to challenge his belief in an intelligent conversation, if he doesn't show willingness to concede, then you're going to be subjecting yourself to needless suffering on your end.

• how can one initiate a conversation like that? does misogyny arise from a belief that women aren't intelligent? because I was under the impression it was just from bad experiences with women.

• Yeah, dumb the knuckle head. I know exactly what kind of person you're talking about, and even if whatever a person hates or talks about pertains nothing to me, I'd still end up shunning them because I despise illogical people. Honestly, dumb people make me so angry. The guy has beliefs that contradict themselves, like he'll tell you something like he believes in DNA, he believes in exercise or practice and their ends, namely, to acquire something. But he'll tell you that there's a limit for women, that there are innate things, this that this. The guy's fucking stupid. I can't help it, you want to date him, go ahead, but I could never personally subject myself to such torture. Either the guy's consistent, or he's not.

• Thanks. =)

What Guys Said 6

• I think to be honest that would be hard. I would find it hard to be in a relationship with a misandrist to to be honest. I think this topic needs understanding from both sides, the person that is the misogynist or misandrist really needs to change their ways and the other person needs to try and understand why the person is like that in the first place. However, I get the feeling you understand why someone might be like this. Yes it is possible someone might get over it, they could be going through a particularly hard time and when they get over that they stop behaving like a misogynist or misandrist. You can show him that not all women are the same buy being nice to him, doing thoughtful things for him, telling him you love him and all that kind of stuff.

• Sorry I meant all women are not the same not all women are the same. :)

• I hope your right about the going through a hard time thing, but. .. I think I'm going to take that with a grain of salt.

• mmmm.. ok well. I am not saying it is the reason just saying it could be. You know him better than any of us so it is hard for us to tell. He may just be a misogynist but remember there is always a reason.

• If he's a true misogynist then I don't think you alone are capable of bearing that burden (to help "fix" him).

It has to come from within, and he has to admit to his own faults and want these changes for himself. There's really no other way to make the change and have it be meaningful and permanent, I don't think.

• This sounds like a job for the patience patrol. Meanwhile, I will distance myself.

• Yeah, I don't think it's something that's worth your time. People sometimes have issues that they need to straighten out on their own before they're ready to be with someone else, I think.

• I can't see why any woman would want to be in a relationship with a guy who just fundamentally dislikes and disrespects women.

• How could you develop feelings for a guy who is a misogynist? I'm really curious about that, because my initial impression was that women would steer clear of men like that.

• I didn't know that in the beginning. He tried to impress me at first and then he made effort to keep me around, but after that... I realized I was being blamed for behaviors that Im just not capable of. I learned most of this after meeting his mother. And I can see why he might accuse me of such things, his mom really takes advantage of men and also her sons.

• How do you know he's a full fledged misogynist? Many men are bitter and angry with women due to their experiences, but they truly don't "hate" them. They're just cut. If that's him, just show him love, allow him to trust you.

• I'm thinking he isn't a full fledged one, but some days. .. This was helpful.

• I think full fledged misogynists are maybe 1-3% of the male population. The others are just wounded birds. Glad you found it fruitful.

• Do you even know what misogyny is? not worshipping women =/= muhsojiny

• I don't need your condescending attitude.

• Your ignorance is my problem. your actual question is how you can get this man to worship your pussy like everyone else does, and the answer is to leave him the fuck alone.

• why are you so mean? if ignorance is such a problem then why waste your time making someone feel ashamed for asking for advice, isn't that what this website is for? people who need advice?

What Girls Said 2

• OR you could try having respect for urself and not wasting ur time on someone like that

the premise of you even dating a guy like that would just confirm in a twisted mind that his viewpoints are right. he can be a complete asshole with no respect for a vagina owner and still get time, attention, affection and sex from a weak willed woman even after she knows his viewpoints

• dating a misogynist doesn't make a woman weak willed, not everyone puts all their cards on the table at first... if anything he is weak.

• i wouldn't try further , i dont like misogynist
    and people who just disrespect others or mock at other