Guys - would you be upset if your wife spends more time with her family than you?

I'm 23, my husband is 27. I'm very close to my parents. Sometimes when I miss them, I just take off to visit them. We've been married for two years and we live together, but during the two years, I've spent one year with my parents (a few months at a time). My parents live in Europe, so whenever I miss them, I book a ticket the next week and fly out to see them. I end up staying for a couple of months. During this time, my husband is by himself which means: no sex, do his own housework, and do his own cooking. etc.

When should I stop this? In a way, I still feel closer to my parents.. He thinks that I spend too much time with them.

I just made myself sound like a stepford wife.. There's more to me than sex, cooking and cleaning :)
He would also miss my conversation, my witty/sarcastic/funny comments, going out together, and cuddling too

Most Helpful Guy

• Absofuckinglutely NOT !! We have the whole life to be close together. Every chance to find my space is welcome.

Don't worry. He loves it. I can bet anything on that.

by the way I respect married couples so u r in my good books; even though you are anon.. Haha.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• Well it's natural to miss your spouse while there away, especially for such a long amount of time. It's not a big deal if it's just for a couple of weeks, but if you're planning on leaving for longer then that you should consider bringing him with you if he's able to take time off of work.

• I think I would be. vows say forsaking al others! but personally visiting loved ones is not included , but I think your situation is excessive. this is just my opinion so who am I to tell you what to do. there was an old song--love is where you find it when none is at home. there are going to be problems down the road. but if you husband is ok with it , fine

What Girls Said 2

• It is a hard transition leaving the family that you grew up with to start your own. But you need to remember that your husband is your immediate family now. Although time apart is not always a bad thing, I think you are spending too much time apart. I think you should keep visiting your family, but maybe make your visits shorter and ask your husband to come along if he wants to. Also, trying video chatting with your family. I live several states away from my family and phone calls and video chat really help. Depending on how needy your husband is, you may push him away if you do not give him the time and attention that he needs. And if you aren't around to fulfill his physical needs, he may be tempted to cheat. If you continue to have this problem, it may be time to consider moving closer to your family.

• I think it's time for you to grow up. You're married, it's time to act like it