What did he mean? Where do I stand on that topic?

Today while telling my man about my friends bf sayin he wasn't going to marry my friend ever, he looked at me curiously and quickly said Yeah where do you stand on marriage? I just mumbled because he surprised me but I want to tell him that Id love the idea of marrying him. We've been dating for a little over 2 years & our son is due this November.
What's his reasoning behind asking me that? What did he mean? Is he simply just talking or is there more to it? We've talked about marriage before.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just throwing this out there... never listen to other women for advice on men because all women know didly squat about how guys think.

As far as your situation, don't make mountain out of a molehill. He meant nothing. He IS simply talking. Worst case scenario he is testing the waters, but as you have a kid on your way, most likely, he is already planning something and wanted to see what you would say. Just keep it light and let it go, don't harp on it, you might just make it feel like a bad idea in his head. Take a deep breath and relax :)

• Thank you for your opinion! My boyfriend is 33, so i appreciate an opinion from someone in his age range!! :)

• You're welcome... I speak from experience... good luck :)

What Guys Said 1

• He's asking how important it is to you and I suppose, getting feedback on how ready you'd be for it.

What Girls Said 2

• Well since you guys are having a baby im guessing Its definitely in his mind for you two but as far as him asking you that I think ge just wants to know where your mind is as far as serious things as such go... that was your opportunity to tell him what u wanted you should have taken it girl!!

• He wants to see if you would get married