Guys do you think you would marry a woman who was super intelligent/highly gifted?

Do you think it would bother you in the long term? Like be emasculating or intimidating or whatever?
What if she was also very ambitious career wise?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, personally I don't believe I'll marry a super intelligent/highly gifted girl. It's a fantasy of mine, sure. But realistically I wouldn't be up to her standards. I myself am "kind of" smart, but am crippled by irreparable mental trauma.

That's not to say that I seek out dumb girls so I can feel smart. I prefer to be involved with a girl that I am convinced appreciates me for what I have to offer. It would be a selfish desire to want a girl that is clearly worlds beyond me in every facet of life while not offering her anything substantive or emotionally stimulating in return. I'm all about fairness, and in fairness, I'm a bad deal.

Of course there may be a rich, intelligent girl out there that has almost everything she desires in life covered, but she just so happens to be yearning for that introverted asshole in her life. In that case, I'd be the man for the job.

• Lmao. Last paragraph was awesome :D

• How about being helpful and not insulting and especially not in that way, I think that's generally a good plan.

• The question asks for my personal opinion, so I gave it. If you want help, you should ask for help.

What Guys Said 16

• Oh come on, that's a mythical creature just like Superman or Santa... not fair question

• ... uh, wow.

• Are you responding to me or harakiri? I responded the way I did because I honestly couldn't tell from your tone whether you were being serious or sarcastic. I assume she couldn't either.

• After knowing that this was a joke (via reading the responses), I find it slightly funny. Otherwise, or before reading said responses, I did not make the connection that your reply was a joke, sorry.

• Yeah, it's something I kinda seek out and am attracted by, actually.

She doesn't need to have a membership to Mensa or anything like that, but I do like a woman with lots of smarts.

• Would a Mensa membership be off putting do you think? And thanks!

• For me? Hell no! Haha.

For some guys though, it would be. I'm not gonna lie and try to sugarcoat it, and I wish people could be more comfortable with that.

• I wouldn't feel emasculating by it I've dated gifted people before but they would not be my preferred choice of women to marry.

• Really - and why not marry them?

• Simple they aren't really family women meaning they would be to busy with their careers. I'm not interested in that type of women when it comes to settling down and raising a family.

• If we were compatible it wouldn't be an issue. Remotely.

It would be an issue if we weren't.

• Sure why not, it's like the what if your woman makes more than you argument, that stuff doesn't bother me

• Yes intelligence is the most important thing that I look for in a woman for a long term relationship.

• "Guys do you think you would marry a woman who was super intelligent/highly gifted?"
    Absolutely, if I was in love with her.

• In love makes sense. I'm just worried it would become some sort of... problematic part of the marriage later on God forbid.

• If I knew you were the type to constantly brush your cheek on God's happy trail, I wouldn't have answered your question.

• One last thing.
      Take a look at the media celebrities some guy's drool over.
      Real eye candy until you hear them speak and then dumber than a bag of hammers.
      My idea of hell would be to be locked up in a room for eternity with Miley Cyrus or Drew Barrymore in there current personas.
      Heaven? To be locked up in a room for eternity with a sharp looking woman with an IQ of 140 and the ability to use it.

• I'm into smart girls, but I've never really found one outside of the internet smarter than me. I wish I could, that would be awesome!

• Haha really? Glad there's at least one who feels this way thank God.
      Sorry you haven't found many!

• You see. Men like to be dominant and having a smarter or better mate is usually a no to males. (not to be offensive to my own gender) a general amount of males arnt very smart, now dont get me wrong, a very large amount are not low intelligent beings but some are. just science. nobodys fault. anyways is short most men won't because they like being in charge. so sorry, most wont. some might though.

• Hmm I figured, I've had a lot of trouble being friendzoned repeatedly and/or the guy acts like he likes me but never does anything about it. And it's not my looks apparently. I have even tried to tone myself down but it doesn't seem to work, intelligence is great thank God but apparently doesn't always work so well when girls are the intelligent ones. thanks for the honest answer.

• Your welcome, i see you are a female of great intelligence and that is a good thing i respect. peace.

• I'd love to date an intellectual - I'd never get bored because she'd be very interesting and have a lot to say. To many people I know talk about such trivial things.

• You don't think it would bother you if she was intensely so? I've had a lot of trouble being friendzoned repeatedly and/or the guy acts like he likes me but never does anything about it. And it's not my looks apparently. I have even tried to tone myself down but it doesn't seem to work, intelligence is great thank God but apparently doesn't always work so well when girls are the intelligent ones.

• Well you know where to find me if you want a chat. Don't feel down about it; men who don't value intellect close themselves to good conversation.

• Thanks - I appreciate the help and kind words :) and yeah :/ seems that way.

• I don't see why not. I'd consider myself very lucky to be in a position to even date one.

• Really?

• Yeah. It's a turn-on and I'd be surprised why she is even interested in me out of all the guys that are out there.

• I'd feel a bit insecure, that maybe she might fancy someone more on her intellectual level.

• Thanks and yeah I've heard this a lot :(

• I'm like super poor though have been my whole life

• Damn, you must really be gifted (Scholarship I assume). Wish I had your problems!

• I think most guys prefer intelligent women and find them very attractive as long as they are affectionate and know how to treat a man.

As far as ambition, it just depends on the guy and his values. I personally would not be interested in a woman whose ambition took priority over her relationship and family, but that's just me.

• I've been having trouble with this to be honest - I've gotten a lot better at being vulnerable and affectionate etc. thank God but I really do value career mostly bc I don't feel like staying at home is "enough" (other than when kids are really little).

• I just... I went to a really really great school thank God and I feel the need to do something with that education since I was given the opportunity. I love kids too. I'm really torn :(

• You need to do what is right for you. That's really all that matters.

• It's fine if there's also chemistry. Whether she is 'emasculating' has more to do with how she treats her husband. Then again I am in the top.1th percentile intelligence-wise so I don't know what your typical guy e. g. someone with two or three standard deviations of the mean would feel about it. I've had intelligent and not so intelligent gf's, and how 'emasculating' was more a factor of their personalities and attitude, not intelligence.

• I appreciate so much about this answer... thank you!

• as long as she keeps me interested then i will be the man behind the woman

• Most guys would but I wouldn't.

• You think most would? And why do you think you wouldn't?

• My SO is the most girl on the planet.

• *most amazing

What Girls Said 0