When should my husband and I have sex?

My fiance and I are having an arranged marriage. We've known each other for six months but we haven't kissed or talked about sex yet. Should we have sex on the wedding night or should we get to know each other on a deeper level first? We're both virgins and in our early 20s.

Most Helpful Guy

• If my wife didn't want to have sex on our wedding night I would be deeply offended. If you haven't consummated the marriage then I wouldn't even consider you actually married. That would basically be like her telling me, she didn't agree with the marriage and rejects me as her husband. That might be okay with him, if he isn't ready to marry you either. Otherwise it sounds like a bad way to start a marriage.

What Guys Said 2

• When you're both ready for it. It's something you two will have to decide together. Speaking from personal experience, and not knowing anything about your wedding, you both may just be too tired after the wedding to have sex. Getting better acquainted first would be prudent.

• Just do it at the first opportunity, and every day after that.
    Sex is a barometer of the health and happiness of a marriage.

What Girls Said 3

• When are you getting married? You guys should get to know each other -now- so that you can have sex on your wedding night. That would be ideal :)

• I think nobody can decide on that. It just depends both of you. If you want to wait for the wedding night, wait. But in my opinion you need to talk about sex first. It is one of the important parts of the marriage.

• When you both feel ready