My bridesmaid attacked me, what should I do?

My sister is one of my bridesmaid and this weekend her and I got into a huge fight. At point during our fight she pushed me down and punched me. I have a black eye, scratches all over my face neck and bruises all over my body.
Her and I were never really close but I felt I had to ask her. I'm so torn right now. I want to cut her out of the wedding and out of my life forever. However, I know this will really upset the rest of my family. I haven't even told my parents about what happened.
My fiance has left it up to me on what to do but has made it known that he doesn't want her anywhere near the wedding.
Any advice would be helpful

Most Helpful Girl

• Sisters fight... it happens. Even if you aren't close now, you might one day be (or want to be)... so kicking her out of the wedding completely (or your life even) might be a decision that deeply regret someday. It's a chaotic rollercoaster right now with the preparations so I can understand how it be real easy to make huge decisions, but I urge you to take a step back for a moment and give this one a little extra consideration

... that said, what she did was horrible... i was just appalled to read such a thing! You should dismiss her as a bridesmaid and have her sit with the rest of the family (maybe they can keep her under control during the ceremony)... and maybe it'd be best that she not attend the reception

What Guys Said 4

• The wedding should be a happy time.

You did not say if you were right or wrong, but it does not matter. Your wedding is your day. For you to have her at the wedding will 100% cause negative energy.

Get rid of her.

• Cut her the fuck out of your life. She cray cray.

• Bridzillas damn.

• Your wedding, not your family's.

And your sister doing this is what'll be disrupting the family, not you :(

What Girls Said 6

• In the end, these opinions of this community may influence your final decision, but it all comes down to how you officially feel must be done. Personally, I would have her removed from the wedding, and I wouldn't even invite her as a guest. A Bridesmaid is a position for that one girl that you can trust your life in her hands, one that you are practically sisters with (unless she is your sister), but never one that physically assaults you in any way.

You're a grown woman, am I right? I mean you're getting married. Your future husband, fiance, has clearly made it known that he doesn't want her anywhere near the wedding. Although it may upset your family, it's your wedding after-all, and it's YOUR big day, NOT theirs. Sometimes you have to do some things for yourself, and you can't go through life trying to make everyone happy. Don't let her ruin your big day. Congratulations on your new life when you officially get married, and good luck. xoxo

• Well what's more important, how your family feels or how you feel?

I can't tell you to cut her out or keep her involved, this is really something you have to reflect on.

• I would have to agree with your fiance she should be out of the wedding that's totally uncalled for.
    Maybe cutting her out for a while til things cool down is a good idea too. But out of your life completely might be harsh i know your not close to her but she is family.

• she needs to go, it's your wedding, not your family's you're getting married with your fiance not your family. Do what you feel it right for YOU and your fiance. Good luck and happy marriage (:

• Sue her for assault and damage payout. Its the best way to be civil.

• Dot cut her out of ur life but out of ur wedding temporally until she apologizes