Would you marry just for sex?

Let's say if it is just a spritual ceremony... and no repercussions of heavy divorce fee and all that headache, no financial burden of raising a family or what not, and you have an option to quit at any time... No catch whats so ever... Would you do it?

Please stick to the topic and don't start silly fights.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. That sounds like a fake marriage.

• Is it because you are not getting a show out of it?

What Girls Said 15

• I don't quite get the point of getting married if it doesn't come with any of the consequences of marriage?

But to answer your question. NO. Hell No

• No. I don't need to marry someone to access good sex.

• No. When you marry, you marry in front of God. That is serious, not just something to play for you to get laid.

• Marriage has always been a financial contract, normally witnessed by friends and family.
      It's only been in recent times (almost a thousand years), that religion involved itself in marriages. Even then, church officials only became another witness.

• Nope no way
    If a person only want sex they dont have to get married inorder to have it. Marriage is deeper than that.

• No I wouldn't - I want to marry for love, trust, companionship, support and to have children

• No, marriage is about life long companion ship of two soulmates, it is about love, you donĀ“t get married to have sex

• No I would not, there wouldn't be any true commitment there

• No, why would I marry when I can have all the sex I want now?

• Yea, how you are describing it the "marriage" is like a regular just sex relationship with no complications of why I need to get a divorce or anything.

• Why would I need marriage if I wanted sex? I've never been married before and had plenty of sex.

• So is it a Yes or a No?

• I just said I already had/have plenty of sex without marriage, so why would I need marriage for something that I already have?

• No, that's stupid. I don't need to get married to have sex. Marriage is a lot, lot more than sex.

• No way, what the...

• No!!! Thats a waste of time.

• No a marriage is so much more than sex

• No I wouldn't, because to me, marriage is a big step in life, and when I marry, I want it to mean something, not just for sex. Even if there were no downfalls, I still wouldn't because once I marry, I would like to stay married with that one.

What Guys Said 10

• If you would live in a country or community with laws and social pressure for you to be married before you have sex, it happens all the time and it makes sense to do it (although it's not a good thing).

If you live if a country or community tolerant towards sex out of wedlock, I don't see any reason to marry just for sex, so I would definitely not do it.

If it's because of your own principles or religion you choose not to have sex before marriage, it would be hypocrite to marry just for sex.

• So it's not hypocritical having it with 50 people a year with out any commitment? ( I am trying to understand it not fighting)

• So, if a girl ask you " Hey I only do it with a marriage bond, I am not looking for a show. I just wanna bond with not living together and I have natural needs " is a hypocrite. But if a "promiscuous women ask you lets do it now in a car" is honesty? help me understand.

• The question is, why do you feel it's necessary to get married to have sex, if that is the only thing you want?

But no on itself it's not hypocrite if you're straight forward about it: "I want to marry you just to have sex". Of course it becomes hypocrite if you marry in church with Christian vows.

• No, not for sex; eventually, sex goes away.

• Really if a girl ask you, I am a kind of women who doesn't like to live together, I know you are good man and I just don't want to sleep with random guys, let's just do a spritual marriage and thats it. We meet and have it every day. And you will refuse it?

• Yes, because marriage is more than just sex.

• that is a lot of imaginary what if's , but no why comment to marriage which is a long term thing and you deal with another person personality which you may or may not like if you picked them just for sex

with that said I should add I wouldn't get married without sex either as it binds the two people together

• I think what she is asking for is what's generally implied in a sexual relationship but not often discussed.

In my experience, 'hook ups' without expectation of any future relationship (whatever it may be) are rare. I think most women, once they have sex with a guy, are expecting that the guy follow through after the fact in some way.

I think what she's asking for is that you talk about it first and not be a dick afterward.

JMO!

• Definitely no i say. No need to have marriage just for sex. Marriage is just not for having sex. Sharing, understanding, taking care of loved one's and many lot of things. Having marriage just for sex is the stupid thing and they can't live long time together.

• No. I will marry just for sex. Sex is love and if I will not have love then i prefer not having sex

• No I wouldn't

• no, you marry for love not just for sex

• most women would

• Nope, I wouldn't marry at all for whatever reason. I don't like the idea of being legally bound to another person. If things go wrong, it can get bloody messy!

• Read the details...

• You are not legally bound in a "spritual marriage"

• My relevant answer to your question is here - "Nope, I wouldn't marry at all for whatever reason.", The rest is merely an add on.