Help my fiancee is being a bridezilla?

okay she insists on getting married in Paris (where she was born) And it has to be in this chapel that she has always dreamed of getting married in. Her dress also has to be from a french bridal shop. and the ring i got her was french. Anyway we both live in new york city and i want to get married there. How can we get over this

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, you will have to find a way to explain that to her. If that will cause some financial difficulty, then that will be a good point to start it. If it's inconvenient, costly, [add reasons here].
    A marriage is about both of you, be it a civil union, or in your religious faith, or any other reason, it is about formally creating a bond between you two and about promising to be a loving couple and all that other mushy stuff. The formalities are extra and not important, in general. Of course, they will make the day a bit more memorable, but alas, it is a mere day. A special day indeed, but if it might cause a heavy burden on the wallet of which you two will be sharing from and might cripple you to spend it on something after the marriage, let's say a house, car, preparation for children and so forth, I say those extra things can be left aside for something more important in the future.
    But it comes down to this as well. You are the other half of this relationship, of this entire marriage. You have a say in it all, and not just her. It is selfish to think that a wedding day is a day for the bride. I find that sexist and egocentric of her to think such a thing. The values should be put on who she is marrying and not where she is getting married.

Yet, not to just say things in your favor, I must say that since you are her special someone, you should still make that day super ultra mega hyper amazing for her, even if that means breaking a piggy bank or two. Of course, be reasonable with the spending, but make that special for her. I mean, she is supposed to be someone you want to spend your life with and be there for, to be happy with and spend many ups and downs that are to come. I'm not saying to simply spoil her blindly, but you know, pamper her enough, cause she deserves it.

What Girls Said 4

• Tell her to stop or that you're going to have to reconsider your choice of bride.

• Marriage is about both the bride and groom. It's your wedding too. Your wishes should also be valued. Sit down and discuss how you feel she is taking over. Express how your love for her is eternal no matter where it is you may wed. Good luck!

• tell her that you matter too and you want to have the wedding in new york.

• Either come to a compromise, like a wedding in Paris, with a party a week later in New York, or you just have to find a totally different location you both agree on.
    I've seen some people have a wedding ceremony with no legal papers in one place, and a ceremony with legal papers in another, so both families could find it easier.

What Guys Said 0