GAGers! Are you going to get married?

Those who have not married do you want to get married?

Those who have been married before do you want to marry again.

I'm a girl who has no desire to get married. Nor do I want to sleep around. Marriage seems too complicated in my opinion... and from what I've witnessed marriages don't really last.
Please explain why or why not!

• I'm divorced/A widow I want to marry again.
  • I'm divorced/A widow I don't want to marry again.
  • I've never been married, but I want to get married.
  • I've never been married, nor do I desire to get married.
a lot of you men are sexist and pessimistic.

Most Helpful Guy

• In the end, I want to be married. Not because someone told me to, or because of pressure from others, but for myself. I've been around people who have been divorced off quite a bit in my life, and even though I've seen it time and time again. I'm still wanting to be married someday.
    Others will argue that you're feelings will change once you find the right person, or that you will change your mind as you grow older. However, it's going to be up to you if you do.
    It wasn't until I was 24 to where I actually thought of the idea of marriage. Every year before that, I was dead set on never getting married. Then I moved to a new city, made new friends, and joined a new church. It wasn't until I met a couple that had one of the most happiest, strongest, and most giving marriages that I've ever seen. That there caused a small change reaction. To which eventually led to the most recent want to be married.

• I love the optimism and sincerity in your answer!

• Thank you for the selecting my response as being the Most Helpful. Life's a journey, and the path to which you choose will always be your own decision.

• You're very welcome. Thank you:) You seem very wise.

What Guys Said 19

• Voted D. The only way I would even consider marriage is if the laws were revised that did not allow for wives to receive a fortune for cheating on their husbands. Thanks to things like hypergamy marriage has become a one way ticket to a guy's downfall in life and we have tons of cases where men are going from having an awesome life to a life in prison thanks to judges sentencing men to pay alimony and child support far beyond what they're capable of living off of. There's even people being sentenced penalties by judges for owed child support payments when the guy was already in jail and it becomes a vicious cycle. These these days always claim that "the guy just needs to support himself" but when it comes down to it, they're always backing away from relationships with guys who already are. They "want more" so to say... yet what they want from guys are always possessions.

• It goes both ways. Not just women. If you lay the the right woman instead of some floozy you won't have to worry.

• I want to stay single because relationships seem too complex in my opinion. Too much stress. I think the stress from work and building a career is enough. I see nothing wrong about wanting to be single. My family members are not happy with what I currently have on my mind but I'm an adult, it's my life, so it's my choice.

• I know exactly how you feel!

• Not if it's with the right one. The right one won't hurt you. They will try to help you because they love s nd care about you and your well being. PLUS, you'll have a regular and safe sexual partner, wouldn't you want that? It's not going to be boring if you spice things up and or you try new things together, go on vacation s, etc..

• Touché

• when i was younger marriage and family sounded cool but now that im older and experienced i see no purpose in marraige... not that im trying to be player or anything... i just feel like its not necessary i think people do it when it financially makes sense or they have kids, i spent most my life getting all the stuff I've ever wanted and i dont like the idea that i get married n half of the stuff i got gets taken away, that makes me want to live alone and get a pre-nup lol... they have a law in certain states if u live with your girlfriend for 4-5 years half your stuff belongs to them and thats scary i dont know what the future holds and the possibility of a girl losing interest in me sounds eventual lol... so my answers D

• Dunno, I think too many people are marrying just to marry these days. They're not really into the person that they're with and that ends up with divorce, so maybe I would if I found the right person. But right now, I'm not too optimistic.

• I've never been marrried, I have no desire of getting married.

I don't want to go through divorce nor competition. Too much stress and too complex unfortunatly :\

• I have no desire to get married myself, but I would
    agree to go through with it should my beloved wish for it.

The reason? Personally, I don't think it's
    needed to have love on a contract, a simple piece of paper
    is nothing like the what real love stands for. ^.~

• I want to get married eventually, but I'm not quite ready yet. I'm still young, so maybe in another four or five years (not a set number).

• I was married for 20 yrs. I was with my ex for 25 yrs.
    I don't plan on marrying again
    women just lie and cheat and you end up wondering if any part of a quarter century was true or not.
    I have stopped dating. I just cannot trust or believe women at all.

• Yes, I will and i hope I find the right girl

• getting married next month

• no i don't want to get married

• Ahhh, the prevalence of "C" answers gives me hope for the future :)

• Marry cuz i wanna feel her presence near meh all da damn time.

• Hopefully I'll meet the right girl and get married and have a ton of kids! :D

• Yeah I wanna get married to someone on here I am not telling though *_*

• Yes, but hardly anyone is marriage material for me. I believe in celibacy until marriage.

• I'd like to get married but I have to find a woman that finds me attractive first, which is none :/

• I voted D!!!

• E I'm married and still married

What Girls Said 26

• I want to get married. I think I found the guy I want to marry. I'm with that guy... now just speed the process along a bit :p

• i would LOVE to be married to a hot, smart, hard working and attractive / responsible guy. If he's not attractive then I think I'm better off single.

• Haha very good point.

• I always thought I would, in the back of my head. It was always an assumption that some moron could be duped into a life with me lol. But idk, as I get older and older, I don't really believe it that much. So much goes into finding someone to marry... The search for a husband should have started when I was like 20 lmao.

• I want to and to be honest, sometimes I do not know if that is what I want because marriages really do not last and its like a sort of nagging feeling in the back of your head where people constantly cheat on each other or not and you just do not know if this person will die or not before you...
    ok this is really hard to explain but I guess I have a fear of my husband ending up in a grave at a young age just like my father did which is why I procrastinate on meeting that one guy and it is really hard to find a person who you can spend the rest of your life with...

• It's a very scary thing. But you should. not fear. You mau be overlooking your one true love. I'm sorry about your father. But it is better to be married and have lived and lived than never to have been at all.

• I feel your pain. My fiance was murdered 6 years during a robbery where he was beaten to death. Still feeling the pain and guess it's why I won't give up my heart or my freedom again.

• I am so sorry to hear that and I do not think words can help anymore but I guess if you find the right man and you think he is right for you then just give him a chance and yes it is hard to let go

• I'll put this way...

I've never played the lottery, I never will... but it would be nice if I won, I could use the money, lol.

I have a greater chance of getting a jackpot-winning lottery ticket somehow, than finding a soulmate to marry.

It would be awesome to know that kind of love; to cuddle every night and wake up every morning next to Mr. Right (or even Mr. Tolerable); to be complete.

(not to say I need a man to feel complete... but, you know, more complete)

Anyways, point is, it's neeeeeever gonna happen. Not by some miracle... not by the most unlikely possibility
    ... Love's just not in the cards for me, lol :)

• I haven't been married and don't want to get married. I will be with someone for a long time but marriage I don't think so. I think marriage is just a title nothing more. I hate feeling trapped and one thing I hate is when people say I'm only trying to work it out fit the kids or because we are married. I feel that whether we are married or not you and I will try to make the relationship work because we want to not because we can't afford divorce or anything.

• I want to get married but when both my spouse and myself feel REALLY ready and not pressured to. I wouldn't want to rush into it nor when I'll get engaged or have a date set. It should be when both people feel like it's the RIGHT moment.

• I'm probably never getting married I've always wanted to but I've lost hope in ever living that dream.

• I'm getting married in December. I never thought that I would ever get married (not that I didn't want to, though), but I found a great guy who complements me well. We have the same interests and goals in life.

• I don't desire to get married, I've never been the type of person who grows up dreaming of her wedding. I have big ambitions in life, but getting married and having children is not one of them (although I'd like to adopt!).
    If I meet someone that I want to spend the rest of my life with, I don't think I need a piece of paper to show that. However, if this man really wanted to get married, and I knew I would be spending the rest of my life with him, then I would get married for him.

• Never been married never going to get married.

• I'd like to but my boyfriend doesn't want to and seeing as we're soulmates and we see us spending forever together, I'll probably never get married. : I'd say there's about a 15% chance of it happening with him.

• Then manybe he isn't the one for you...

• He is the one. A guy doesn't become void because he doesn't want to get married. He's definitely the one and I'm happy to live with him for life unmarried.

• C - but only when I'm 100% certain that he's the one.

• Im told I'm quite unrealistic in my expectations but if I find someone who meets them then marriage would be my ultimate dream

• i hope to be married one day

• I've never been married and I currently have no desire to do so but I won't keep the idea as not an option because I don't know of I'll meet the person I would like to spend the great of my life with.

• Never been married but hope to one day InshALLAH

• I wanna get married within the next few years.

• If I do, it'll be 8-10 years from now ideally. Time will tell.

• Nope, not interested in being tied down. Love my independence, personal and financial too much.

• Obviously never been married, but i do hope to get married one day with someone i'm 100% sure about. But i doubt i'll be in a relationship with anyone anytime soon. eh, but i never know what the future holds for me!

• someday why not

• Nah, not really. I'm quite a handful, can't imagine a guy who wouldn't be overwhelmed by me.

• I've never been married, but absolutely no idea whether I want to get married or not. Voted for D.

• Why not?

• That's exactly how I feel... it's a complicated thing.

• Yeah, true. :) :) :)

• I've always been sort of old school about stuff like this, but I would love to be married. My biggest fear though is coming across a really nice guy that doesn't want to get married. I heard someone compare relationships nowadays to musical chairs and I think they couldn't be more right. People just date each other and the first time they get annoyed they leave. One of my best friends got married in December and decided she wanted an annulment in March or so. It's almost their first anniversary, neither has budged, and she didn't even live with him through any of it. I think that's stupid. I've always believed that if we know we're never gonna love anyone else, let's get married and stay together. Whatever trouble we get into, we get into and out of together. Unfortunately I doubt anyone feels like that anymore, much less want to feel that way about me... Oh well. I've been blindly optimistic before.

• My vote lies somewhere between C and D, haha!

I've never been married.
    I don't know if I'll ever get married, or if I really want to.
    Part of me does, the idea of the ownership is sexy and romantic.
    But it's not essential. I don't HAVE to get married to be happy. I'd be perfectly happy just being with the man I love, we don't have to get married. If he asked, I'd more than likely say yes. But if he didn't ask, I'd still be perfectly happy.