Do you believe love can survive in the monotonous lifestyle of married couples?

personally, I believe it could

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it can, but people it doesn't have to be "monotonous" if the couple doesn't want it to. Relationships take work, people can spice up and make their lifestyle more exciting if they didn't get trapped into just being their comfort zone.

Couple who have been together for a while can do new things in their relationships; go on trips, vacations, try new things in bed, and take up new hobbies. I think the "monotonous" lifestyle is a choice... people don't have to live a monotonous lifestyle just because they're in a relationship!

• yeah.. but the couple i know complain that with kids.. work.. and other stuff.. they can't spice anything up.. lol..

• You make a good point. To a certain degree, you have to just sit there and do the work that comes with married life and it can get monotonous. But in my personal opinion if a couple tries hard enough they can make time to do new things together.

It depends on your time constraints, but going out on a date if you haven't been on one in years or just planning time alone without the kids every once in a while, doesn't seem to unrealistic to me. Kids are the number one priority but that doesn't mean the couple can't have a fun and adventurous relationships.

• One thing that irks me is when I hear of men complaining that sex in monogamous relationships, with one person, is boring, bear in mind these guys aren't married.

I am like yeah it'll be boring if you do the same thing, but first of all be grateful you have someone who is committed to you and wants to make you feel good. Secondly, people can try new things, different positions. Sex is just an example of how couple fall into monotony, by either doing the same thing or not having it at all.

But the things in a relationship besides sex to, the time the couple spends together. The two can reinvent themselves, if they've always wanted to do something then having kids shouldn't be an obstacle. Marriage doesn't have to be boring just like life doesn't have to be boring; but it takes time, effort, planning and creativity.

What Girls Said 7

• PEOPLE become monotonous and boring over time, not the marriage. I know many single people who grow older and remain on their own with a boring routine and live unhappily. I think being in love or having love with someone else will definitely be maintained while one or both people become boring over time. Besides, what people find monotonous is the routine that they've created together because that's what they wanted - whether they intended it or not, people want to find comfort over time with someone when they're married. If it means Sunday night movies and taking the kids to soccer, that's what they signed up for when they got together, so obviously they've accomplished some sort of goal together by creating a routine. Stuff like this becomes monotonous but that doesn't mean you have a life you don't love with your partner. You can still be in love, and thankful you chose to have that life with the person you love all the while having your routine.

• If you don't make it bland and monotonous, then sure it can.

Marriage =/= end of the line. You don't HAVE to have a boring life with lots of kids, crippling debt, overdue mortgage payments and no sex, ya know.

• Of course! I don't know why people think marriage is always monotonous and boring. It only becomes that way if you don't work on your marriage.

• Sure it can, if you make an effort to not let it become monotonous.

• Unless a monotonous lifestyle is your thing, of course.

• The life of married couple is not monotonous or boring, at least not for my parents I think. My dad still likes teasing my mom a lot, he says it's fun watching my mom going all grumpy over his teases, lol. They always have a little fight over silly things, but they always find a way to make everything works in the end. They cry and laugh together. Their marriage is enough to prove me that love will never be monotonous or boring :)

• Yes but it takes work from both partners. One persone can't make a relationship survive alone. The day to day things in life can become comfortable , so it's important to get time alone with each other so you don't forget why you fell in love to begin with.

• Yes it definitely can

What Guys Said 4

• Yes love can, but not what people commonly *think* love is.

People think love is that feeling you have in the beginning of your relationship where everything is hot, fiery, and where you can't keep your hands/eyes off each other. That is not love. That is infatuation.

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable." -Bruce Lee

• Yes, absolutely. If the two people in the marriage have their priorities right, the love they have for each other is what holds them together through tough times. And there are always tough times. The one spouse has to have the back of the other.

• Yes. People who badmouth marriage are typically afraid of commitment and like to sleep around. -cue TheLastGirlScout coming here to inform me again of why I'm wrong and marriage sucks and just having a LTR is better-

• People act like marriage is supposed to be boring, monotonous, and the end of your enjoyment in life. Marriages get dull because people stop putting in the effort they did when they first got together with the person. When you stop having fun with each other and making the relationship enjoyable, what else do you think is going to happen?

I think people think that marriage is just supposed to be that way, they never question it, never realize that if they do the same thing they'll get the same result, and become complacent.